Girls name too? Help!!!

edited February 2011 in Baby names
Hi all, hope you can help!!! I have just been discussing names with daddy to be. We have an argument to settle and need some opinions. So, upon discussing girls names I mentioned that I liked the name Evan. Granted, it is more popularly known as a boys name but, I have met someone (female) with this name before and also, wasn't/isn't one of Marylin Manson's g/fs called Evan? He can't get passed the fact that it is used as a male name although does admit that he likes it! Maybe those that I have come across have shortened Evangeline to Evan maybe? I dont know but, would love some opinions as I have it set in my head now as a favourite but, wouldn't want the poor girl bullied for having an exclusively boys name. Evan Olivia... I like it! Help!!!

Comments

• Although I do consider Evan to be a boys name, the only Evan I actually know is a little girl.
  • #:-s That's one more :) !
  • I like it for a girl, but I like boy names for girls. We are having a girl and thinking about naming her Ryan
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ooo I like it :) Have you had many comments off people for that decision?
  • I don't dislike evangeline but, it just doesn't do it for me. I get your logic. My mum called my sister Katherine for the exact same reason. To me its pointless...just call her Katie :) xx
  • Most people we tell give us a weird look or say really for a girl? But when we think about it we figure just changing the spelling a little like Ryann or Rian.
  • I like it, its cute. I went to school w/ a girl named Kyle, that was her name its not shortened. & Jordan too. I also went to school w/ a guy named Ashley and none of them were made fun of.
  • I love Kyle and Jordan for girl names
  • That was an option... he is also considering this as an option. Thanks. My sister hates the Katherine!! Cant win huh?! :-))
  • I've never heard Kyle as a girls name. I'm beginning to think that there are more people like me than I thought!! Just wanted to avoid the more obvious names... little ironic tho as my name for a boy is Tommy. Doesn't come any older than that in England really!!
  • Kat my friend name her little girl caitlyn n while she's outlet she gets caitie my friend wanted caitie but wanted a more grown up name for when she was older
  • Just shown daddy this discussion. He's definately warming to the idea but, has now told me he's not keen on Tommy (my dad and brother are called Thomas) Will get confusing...apparently =((
  • :-( great!! He finally comes around to the girly name but, at the cost of my only lil boys name! spent the last half hour arguing my case!! Can't bloody win. And I'm only nine weeks gone haha!
  • Right :( looks like I'm gonna need help finding a boys name. Any ideas??!! (really hoping for a lil miss now) x
  • How about Evan? :)
  • Haha :-)) I'm thinking that if I suggest that for a boy too he'll lose his mind!!! That's definately not an option for a lil boy in this house :)
  • I know a few girls named devyn
  • I don't think I've ever heard the name at all. Cute tho. Is it mainly a boys name? Are you from the US? I've come across so many names on here that i've never heard of. I'm assuming they are mainly american names.
  • Alexis.... boy/girl...
    Angelo
  • My girls are dannie and charley (danielle & charlotte) I love boys names for girls but they have the choice to change to the full name when there older. For this one I'm thinking. Girl - darcy, Florence or hayden. Boy- Freddie or brayden x but ill probs change my mind a trillion times lol x
  • edited February 2011
    I also likes Charlotte (Charley) for a girl but, my sister has already jumped right in and told me I can't have it because thats the name she has picked out for boy and girl (after her fiancee's dad) so, I feel that one's a no no. Liking Darcy tho. x
  • Yeah, I just gotta convince hubby as Florence (would be florrie for short) is his mums name. I think darcy is my fav atm x
  • What do you think of my girls choice of Evan Olivia?
  • Love Evan, Olivia is really common in the UK but I love it, you can shorten to liv, livvy or oli. I think there both great names x
  • edited February 2011
    Thanks. Yeah I know its like the most popular name at the moment but, that was daddys contribution and as it is still really pretty I thought we'd keep it. Thanks tho. I need as many opinions as possible on the Evan because I think when I announce it to the family I'm gonna get some funny reactions I just know it. Not even told them Im expecting yet x