I am so pissed.......vent(sorry so long)

edited June 2011 in Plus Sized Mama's
So I have been planning a day for all my family and friends to get together, but I didn't want a formal baby shower because I want the guys to come too. My brilliant idea was to just host a potluck bbq style get together, which has so far been a big hitwith everyone. As of last week our rsvp count was almost 40 people and I have ordered a cake big enough for 50 people. So this week people have called to cancel, I think they realize that the next weekend is the holiday weekend so some can't get off work which is understandable. I wasn't too upset until today, after having to attend a funeral for a close friend, I got a call that the clubhouse we rented is in "disaray". My shower potluckis planned for Saturday at 1pm. They then proceed to tell me that the pool we reserved for our party was vandalized and they were currently redoing the tile in the clubhouse and only a third of the materials were delivered for it to be finished. They offered me to use a vacant home for my party , I am only concerned about entertaining the kids now that we don't have the pool ..... I'm thinking maybe water balloons and squirt guns or sprinklers....What do you think I should do?

Comments

• You could rent a bounce house if there's space and its in your budget. Water balloons = a lot of clean up and squirt guns could end in the wrong people being squirted. Sprinklers are probably your safest bet :)
  • @rockinmomma Thank you so much for your input, I didn't even begin to think about the consequences lol good point, they would love a bouncy castle!
  • Hopefully you can find something fun. Its a total bummer that your original plans got ruined, I would be angry as well. I'm sure you will still have a great time regardless :) good luck!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @angieahrens @rockinmomma
    OMG! I'm finally back! I found something.....A Bouncy Castle, my daughter and niece won't have a problem spending hours in one of them and neither should the other little ones! I so appreciate your advice, I actually got to see the disaster of a clubhouse and pool today. All I can say is I'm glad they relocated my party. Thank You for the comment about my baby, her nana fosters tiny kitties until they are ready to be adopted. This one was my daughters favorite and we named her Pandora.
  • If theres big enough space rent a water slide, the places that have bounce houses usually have them. They are always a hit with the kids!
  • @Cmasat4 get a few slip n slides! They are cheap and a blast for all ages. You can even find the ones that have the water that shoots up and down the slide part. Yes water guns are good too! You could also get a little kiddie pool for the young ones that can't do the slip n slide! Good luck and have fun no matter what!
  • Yay I'm glad you found something! Bouncy castles are great. Your party will be awesome ;)
  • rent a simple moon walk not to expemsive and kids love it
  • thank you all for your great responses and advice!!