I said i wasnt scared..but now..not sure...

edited June 2011 in Labor
Everyone always asks me that annoying question "are you scared? " I always respond no...but lately ive been thinking..."what if something goes wrong!!?' Can anyone tell me what i can expect when its time?

Comments

• i think about that all the time! :(
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ha ha @mshahir obviously unless they cut me open, but to be more specific, what exactly is the protocol? Like when you get there; what can i expect to go through? I mean like if there was a problem? Or even if there isn't.. I probably sound like a little kid, its just this is my first and i want to be prepared.
  • Lol @mshahir I don't know why but that just tickled me.

As for what to expect have you ever read what to expect when your expecting? It really helped me as far as certain things that happen during labor. I mean all labors are different and while I can tell you my experience it wouldn't be the same as some of these other ladies stories. If your going natural expect pain, it is going to hurt, it is going to be uncomfortable. You can go to classes that can teach you how to focus on other things such as breathing. If all goes well you'll be pushing out a bundle of joy and after you do that your prolly not going to think of anything else. Read up on some stories on here if you like under giving birth and look and see if you can find the what to expect book at the library. Best advice I can give.
  • Your very welcome :)
  • I feel the same way! I always said my biggest fear was just the urge to lose my preggo weight asap, which still is. But now I keep thinking of the pain I may encounter during labor & the hopes of my baby being OK.
  • @RizzyChicky I'm just kinda worried about something going wrong... one of my friends had a heart attack after labor due to negligence on her hospitals part, she kept saying she didn't feel right, and they kept ignoring her saying she was fine that it was normal...and then she went in to cardiac arrest...at 20 something"!!! @HomeBirthAdvocate its things like this that scare me...
  • This is my third and I'm still scared! :O More about knowing when I'm really in labor since I have a lot of false alarms and what I'm going to do.if its just me and my son at home.
  • You will be fine. And I promise the minute you go into labor you don't think of the what if's. All you think about is that baby that you will be holding. And right now when you start thinking of all the things that can go wrong start doing something else to take your mind off of it. That's what I had to do. Stay positive.
  • Watch baby shows Lol
  • @HomeBirthAdvocate your so right! I wasnt even scared at all and i guess it just hit me since its getting closer. @momof5 were all your births natural or c section?
  • You should be fine :) I would read what to expect when your expecting, it really helped me. I was in labor for 40hours with my son. I was induced & it was very rough. During labor his heart rate dropped because my contractions were so bad. They had to take me off the potcin & put me on oxygen. It was super scary but I trusted my Dr. As long as your confident in your Dr & his/her abilities that should help calm your nerves! Just remember to listen to their advice if something does go wrong!
  • The best thing you can do is be calm and try not to think about the "what if's", don't get incredibly attached to your birth plan, because anything can happen, and have good support people. If your hospital offers classes, they were helpful for me, because they explained typical procedures for my hospital and we got to tour the delivery and nursery areas, so we knew what to expect when we arrived. Finallly, shows like 16 & Pregnant and those pregnancy shows on TLC actually do a fairly good job of showing you how things go in general, so watch some tv or youtube videos.
  • edited June 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • :-? Awesome, thanks ladies!!!
  • edited June 2011
    Ha ha as long as they numb me, lol I'm cool! Somebody told me to think of c sections as minnie tummy tucks! Lol @angieahrens
  • Ha ha @angieahrens sounds like the perfect birth plan!!! :p
  • All of my births were natural. My 4th birth was very stressful cause I had a friend that I coded when I was 8 months pregnant and he died so that got me to thinkin everything that could go wrong and what if I had a heart attack. That made my anxiety very high. Finally I learned that if something happens to me then that's what's suppose to happen. I learned how to deal with the anxiety and quit stressing out. My 5th pregnancy went great since I didn't stress out as much.
  • Wow @momof5 you are such a strong woman!
  • Just focus on a great birth and try not to stress out. Stay busy with getting things ready for the babys room and getting the clothes and stuff put where you want them. Think positive and all will be positive. Also say a prayer to God to watch over you and baby and to keep you both safe. I will also pray for you. (If that's ok).
  • @momof5 i believe strongly in the power of prayer! Thank you so much! I will pray for you and your family!
  • Well thank you so much. Prayer is a wonderful thing.