"getting checked" question....ouch!

Ok 4th kid, you would think I would be a pro....

I finally got checked today at my 37 wk appt. Haven't been checked since 2 months ago when i thought i was leaking. Anyway, I am 1-2 cm dialated and 50% effaced. Left feeling fine, came to work.. about an hour ago started feeling crampy down low.... Is this most likely from being checked and it will go away....or should I get worried? I have a weird feeling about it this time. I am trying to down some water, cuz I am super thirsty (its 110 here in Phoenix).... I seriously can't remember what contractions feel like. I guess this is why we do this over and over again....we somehow block it all out once its over!

Comments

• I did eat a big peice of fresh pineapple first thing this morning....maybe it works lol.
  • i got checked today and felt a little crampy after wards as well but about an hour later they went away . im almost 39 weeks .
  • You actually have to eat like 7 whole pineapples to get the effects of the labor inducing qualities! but I hope that labor is nearing for you!
  • @jbando lmao wonder why that small pineapple fruit cup I ate last night had no effect!
    @mama_busy_bee
    I was checked Wednesday and it left me crampy too but nothings progressing yet, my dd is tomorrow..btw baby #4 for me too! I'm clueless as well.
  • @jbandno3 really...well then forget the pineapple lol...

@kenziesmom216 I was fine right after, the cramps just started about an hour ago. I think ill down some water and put on my belly band to see if that makes it go away..only an hour and a half at work....yay! Are you dialated yet?? How much?
  • I was at the doc at 8 am....its now 3:30 so thats why im like....no this is not happening. everyone is telling me that i better not wait to go, because I go into denial everytime haha...so doc wants me in at 7 mins apart lol.
  • @mama_busy_bee yeah im 1 centimeter and about 60 % . so i still got alot of work to do .
  • I got checked Wednesday and was 2cm dilated and 50% but had BAD backpain and cramps yesterday and went to L&D to get checked and was still 2cm but was 70% thinned and baby's at -1 station. So don't feel bad! Lol I have cramps after everytime I get checked! That shit hurts!
  • @hayleegracesmommy4 yeah its not comfy, just cramps started later...Station? I dont even know what that is hahaha. I put on my belly band it helps with my backpain. Been having tailbone issues since last week.

@kenziesmom216 Dont worry it will come. Last kid I remember i was 3 or 4 cm a week before she came with no pain ....so I thought oh, thats far I will be done really fast....still took 8 hours once I really went into labor.
  • I got checked on Wednesday and have been very crampy and have been spotting dark brown blood as well. I called my doctor and she said its all normal. Definitely makes me never wanna get checked again lol.
  • @Mama_busy_bee station is where your baby is in regards to your pelvic bone. "0" is fully engaged in the pelvic bone (-1)-(-3) is above the pelvic bone and (+1)-(+3) is past the pelvic bone INSIDE the birth canal on its way out! :) I think when youre in the positives your in active labor usually...

• Ok something to ask on Thursday, since at this rate it seems I will still be pregnant at that appt. Suddenly no BH or anything just a less squirmy baby is the only change...grr. one person says I've dropped, the next says i am still high...ugh.