new york just passed a law

edited June 2011 in Current Events
That homosexuals can be married. Heard it just passed. How long til you think other states will do it?

Comments

• Hopefully soon! :)
  • Hopefully other states will follow suit! I'm all for it!!!!
  • It's about damn time! It will be forever for my state. I think tx will be last.
  • Hopefully VERY soon!!
  • Me too. I'm sure it won't be too much longer.. this is a big step in gay rights and I couldn't be happier! Yea equality!
  • I'm so happy about this. I hope other states follow NY's example!
  • edited June 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Very excited and happy about this. I was born and raised in southern California and I thought we were headed in the right direction a few years ago and then the sh*t hit the fan. I hope other states can start to follow suit now but I fear that with many states (the current one I am in, ARIZONA included), it will be a long road...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm so proud to be a New Yorker!
  • i have friends already starting to plan there NY weddings! my one says its going to be catered by hot dog venders lol!! mmmmm
  • Ugh I wish tx would follow. I really wish tx would just surprise everyone but I know that's not going to happen. Damn rednecks...I'm born n raised in tx. Don't Think I'm just being mean lol. My family is among those rednecks.
  • It was on the ballot in Georgia (where I live) several years ago, and I've never seen such a resounding defeat! I agree with @mshahir, the deep south has a long way to go before they start allowing that. But I think you can marry a horse here lol :-P
  • I think that is great they passed that! I'm from ohio and I hope to see it here soon! I think it won't be too long for us, not one to set trends but quick to follow suit lol.
  • About freaking time! Gay marriage should have never been an issue to begin with! I live in new hampshire and love how liberal a good portion of the state is. Good for new york!
  • That's awesome! Az has lots of gays and lesbians that will fight for it. I know my whole family will be. My kids godmother is a lesbian and the most amazing person and she deserves to have any option I do!!
  • I am from Iowa, and I was so PROUD of my homestate when they passed the law for gays to marry! Now I live in Ohio and I don't see it happening here unless a bunch of other states do it first.
  • Not only did NY pass gay marriage but they amended their consitition so it will be harder to f up like CA did
  • i'm hoping that the entire U.S. follows along soon. I'm from Mass. where it's been legal for a while, and i sure am proud of it!!! =D>
  • Yeah, I agree it will be the southern states that take the longest. Although maybe if we get some better politicians in office we we may get suprised :)
  • Shit I live in Texas I doubt it will ever happen or if it does it'll n damn near last
  • I just came acrossed this post and wish I saw it earlier. Just wanted to say thank you to all of you ladies for your support. Familes like mine will only ever achieve full equality with the help and support of our straight allies. Much love to all of you... :)
  • Much love to you @MikeandRonAdopt! You'll get equality :) it just may take a few to get everyone to stop being so one sided *hugs*