Anterior Placenta

edited June 2011 in Plus Sized Mama's
Ok ladies...so I have a question about feeling my little guy move. I have an anterior placenta and have only been feeling what I'm pretty sure is him moving for a little over a week, maybe 2 now. But it is very sporadic, theres no regularity and as it is it's usually only a couple to a few times a day. Also it doesn't seem to be getting any more frequent or more noticiable. I'm also a little bit on the larger side 16-18 pre pregnancy and will be 23 weeks tomorrow. Is this normal? when will I actually start being like WHOA! that's baby! When will Daddy be able to feel?

Comments

• edited June 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I also have an anterior placenta, and pre prego I was around a size 11/12 im JUST now beginning to look prego but started to feel him move regularly at 22 weeks and bd felt him @ 23 weeks. Don't worry you'll begin to feel it soon...
  • I also have an anterior placenta. It definitely makes it harder to feel the babies move. I'm 22wks2d and I find there is no regular pattern so far. I'm petite with twins so I'm able to feel them move around the sides where the placenta isn't covering. Everyone is different. They say the baby usually becomes regularly active 28-32 weeks. I'm sure you'll get to feel the baby by then.:)
  • Thanks so much ladies! I do feel better knowing there are others around the same time frame as me. I was starting to get a lil worried. @gatorbob, I never thought of it that way, probably cause he's not moving enuff to keep me awake yet, but that would be a plus huh?! lol
  • edited June 2011
    I have an anterior placenta too! Lol :D I didn't feel any movement until 21 weeks, daily movement until 24 weeks, and didn't feel movement from the outside until 26 weeks. Im due on friday and I still have never felt movement towards the center of my belly. I've still never been woken up by movement either :)
  • I also have an anterior placenta but this little man moves soooo much! I have been feeling him since about 17 weeks on, just sporadic at first but I swear I could do kick counts now with no problem. I am 23 weeks 4 days. I could feel him kicking/moving on the outside for a few weeks now and my husband has felt it for a couple weeks. My placenta is on the high side of the front and the movement I feel is usually very low, like over my previous c-section scars. It has been hard for them to find a heart beat on the doppler though so they usually have to move that pretty low as well.