should i trust my heart??

edited February 2011 in Single moms
Hey there, ladies. =) I've recently placed myself back on the dating market... I've talked to some really weird guys, but also a really cool one, too. =) but my dad's irritated that this guy isn't of the same race. I've never dated outside my race before, so idk how to handle him or the idea. I really like him, but I've got another complication, too...

I've got this friend that I met shortly after I had first got together with my babydaddy, so I've known him since september. I really liked him when we first met, but I buried it down so that it didn't complicate things with bd. We still hung out, though. Well, yesterday, my friend, and two of my girlfriends and I had the most awesome hang-out day, and my guy friend and I really connected again. Those old feelings came back up, and he showed the same in kind...

So the question is... should I trust my heart and risk my friendship? Or should I just go the safer route and date the newer guy that dad doesn't like? I feel like my hormones are playing tricks on me or something... because I also found out yesterday that my old friend used to be engaged til his fiance "smoked, drank, and partied [his] daughter right out of her." And idk if that's what really opened a connection to him again or what... so I'm so confused...

Comments

• 1. It doesn't matter what daddy thinks about the guy you're talking to....who's in the relationship, you or him??
    2. You should think of who is/will be more supportive of you....there is a child involved, and anything you do affects the child (including who is around the child).
    3. Just because you think Mr. Cool Guy is cool DOESN'T necessarily mean you have a good connection with him. Think of who you have a better connection with, and who you enjoy your time with more.
    4. Follow your gut feelings (intuition). If you feel ANY type of negative vibes from either of them, then there is probably a reason for it. Ever heard of the famous 'red flags'??
    5. Look at what you want in a man. If either of them lacks any of those qualities, chances are, they aren't for you (refer to #4).
    6. Do what makes YOU happy, not what makes others happy. Others' opinions tend to be biased because of their own views, and they don't stop to tgink of what may make you happy.
    Hope this helps....I didn't want to seem like I was choosing one over the other, as I don't completely know the situation. If you really think about these things, they will help you make the right decision for YOU. ;;)
  • *think, sry
  • edited February 2011
    Personally, I'm a daddys girl.. & I always go by what daddy says! Even if I don't agree.. & he's never been wrong! With the other guy, follow your heart. Take it slow, and see how it goes! Only you know how you truly feel & you can't change that! Like izander4 said, do what will make you & baby happy! Just don't let yourself get stressed & let your heart do the deciding (:
  • You said your dad doesn't like him cuz he is not the same race but why should it matter from one race to another. They are just people. So if you connect with one more then the other pick that on even if h e is a different race but make sure that even though your prego that they will still be there for you and they like you for you! You should just let your heart guide you to happiness! Just make sure they will be by your side.
  • Race shouldn't matter at all pointless to not see someone because of their race that's just my opinion I listen to my daddy too but there are times I have to remind him its my life and I'm going to do what I want I just like his opinion