Lets take a Poll - just how far would you go?

edited June 2011 in Pregnant
Let's take a poll here.... I'd love to hear how everyone.thinks regarding this subject....

Soooo... Today I just had a smooth come up... An old friend from high school sold me $650 worth of brand new Old Navy Baby Clothes (with tags still on) for only $100

I'm more than positive he accrue them.illegally through someone else... Who got them some how!

From Sizes 6-12 Mons, 12-18 mons & 18-24 mons...

And I can exchange nything cause old navy doesn't require a receipt to Exchange.

If this opportunity was presented to.you... Would you do it... Or turn it down and run?

Comments

• I will with no shame at all =D lol.
  • I'd totally take it :-)
  • I'd make like Nike & Just Do It!
  • I'd def. do it!,
  • Sold! I would... you don't know where the stuff u buy on eBay comes from... unless I see a news report that says a mother was ripped off then I would deffinetly keep it.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I would take the deal! You weren't the one who did it, if you don't buy them someone else will.... its a tough situation, but your baby will benefit from it :)
  • As long as your not 100% sure he got it illegally, just because I wouldn't want to get mixed up with some kind of illegal baby clothes ring lol. But I would still go for it at lest once
  • Id do it too lol
  • no question about it, I WOULD DO IT IN A SPLIT SECOND!!! $-)
  • I wud shoot times is hard
  • Like the song says "go on take the money and run" lol
  • I'm 100% NOT legal... There are a ton of boosters in our area.. some drive BMWs dress high class and steal from higher end stores. Some are as high siddity and the steal from lower end spots like Old Navy or Macys. There's usually a muddle man that the clothes go to. This one just do happens to be a friend from school.

• @angelinAandme ... Id love to hear why
  • Hell yes I would do it. Yes it is unethical but you know what you can make it a bit better by the fact there is probably no way your baby is going to wear all those cloths so why not donate some to the women shelter and or in my area we have places where you can give for foster children. So yes you benefit from it but so does another child who otherwise would not have. Just a thought.
  • I wouldn't!!! I worked for Charlotte Russe for 6 years as a manager. I just couldn't do it. It's not right.
  • edited June 2011
    Lol... I love the different views..
  • I couldn't. It would bother me too much knowing how they were acquired.
  • I am with @MrsForesee. I worked for almost 4 years at Gymboree and Janie and Jack as a manager and I know what shrink/theft does to a store. I would also just feel guilty about it. Not judging anyone in the least because I know times are hard, just stating my opinion.
  • I wouldn't and only because I seen my dad and brother by stuff from boosters and stuff always went wrong with the particular item they bought LOL it would be funny to me but they would be upset because the spent money for something that went wrong so quickly!!!
  • Innocent until proven guilty I would but like every one said times are hard I have for girls and one girl on the way and have a fixed income and trying to go to school at the sane time so affording this baby I have on the way now is extremely difficult seeing she wasn't planned but but I would take all the help and deals I can get.......
  • I would ....no questions askes . My BD told me he had a friend tht wht evea amount he givea shw will bring back double . No questions ask if they have tags
  • I would, I would be too dumb to realize it was stolen or even think twice about it.
  • Hell yes...I would've did it. Its not like u stole the stuff. Ain't nothing wrong with going to the bootleg every now and then. Where I live there's a bootlegger everywhere. Its not like it's a stolen diamond ring or a flat screen tv, it's baby clothes :-)
  • Although I'd want to, I wouldn't. My consciences wouldn't let me and I'd be afraid is get caught. I took an oath of integrity with my career choice so I can't take any chances.
  • My baby is literally set until she's 3 now. She has a completly filled closet ranging from bathing suits, summer dresses, jeans, jean shorts, shirts,.blouses, sweaters, a few coats and other things.

No to mention her 1st birthday shell be showered again

Times is hard...
  • I would take it, I probably wouldn't even think about how they had been acquired!
  • Seeing as how you can't know/prove they are stolen and if they are, you didn't ask someone to steal them...I would totally do it. Look at all the baby clothes that still have tags at garage sales. If it's an honest transaction, awesome. If it isn't, you couldn't know. Hell, some guy that works for Old Navy could have been the original thief? Still...no way you could know and you've clothed your baby, therefore making good on a promise to care for her.