Weight worries.....

edited July 2011 in September 2011
Hey everyone,
So Im 30 weeks now& In the beginning I had such bad morning sickeness I actually lost weight but once I started feeling better my appetite came back with,a vengance!!!! but now Im upset cuz Ive gained a LOT of weight FAST and it seems like everyone else,I talk to or read about hasnt gained much, is it just me? :(

Comments

• I've gained 50 lol
  • Well how much is a lot? I only ask because I am 28 weeks, and not to far behind you, and am worried about my weight as well. What does your OB have to say about your weight gain? Mine just keeps reminding me that he wants me to stay at a 15 - 20lb weight gain
  • edited July 2011
    Ive gained 70!!!!! :( And my dr actually brought it up, she told me I should do more exercise like walking and try to eat better, so Ive been trying to do those things, just felt like the only one gaining a lot of weight.
  • Well if u count to 20 i lost in the beginning then I've also gained 70 my doctor hasn't said anything i hit 200 lbs last week I'm not worried
  • I'm not happy about it but i figured when am i ever going to be 200lbs again and look cute
  • Thats true, lol....Im glad Im not the only one, I swear it seems like anyone else I know or posts I read thats preg hardly gained anything.....
  • Lol i didn't gain anything for awhile then in one month i gained 30 lmao i steped on the scale and couldn't stop laughing the nurses think I'm crazy and all the weight I've gained is in my belly and boobs might as well enjoy it don't worry so much unless urban doctor gives u a reason to
  • I gained 70 with my first and couldn't lose the weight. Had preeclampsia and gestational diabetes. 14 years later I've gained 20 pounds at 28 weeks and have GD again. I'm scared I might have a huge gain in the next 12 weeks
  • I have gained 45lbs I'm almost 35 weeks but I have been sick A LOT!
  • I have gained 30lbs, im 31wks prego, I need to slow it down lol
  • Im 25 wks and at my last weigh in at 23 wks i was 1lb over my prepregnancy weight. I step on the scale again tuesday for my 25wk weigh in.
  • I was also sick in the beg and went from 112 to 108 now at 29 weeks I weigh 138. How much is a normal weight gain, granit I know everyone is different.
  • Ur not alone!!!! Im also 30 weeks and I've gained 40-45 lbs! My doc wants me to see a nutritionist...Blah blah blah we'll see about that!!
  • I'm 37+3 and I have gained 35 lbs.. with my first I gained way more then you ladies by far. I went from 145 to 300+. I did well this time :) I am really happy.. but first baby not so much :(
  • I am 28 weeks and I am worried cuz I have only gained 4 lbs. Dr says I'm doing great but I gained over 50 with my first and he was such a healthy lil man.
  • You are deffinetly not alone... I normally weigh 145ish not pregnant and I always with all three of my kids have gained 100 lbs at least... even this guy... but I've always lost it quickly after. But it does scare me... I feel alone in the weight gain too.
  • @kalikojenie sounds like me! But I keep doing it with all my three kids. :( but you are the only other person I've ever seen who had the same problem... no one can ever believe I gain that much. its horrible on my body too.
  • I am 25 weeks and have gained about 25 lbs. Your not alone lol
  • I'm 28 weeks and have gained 20, but my first pregnancy I packed on a whopping 60lbs....hated life. I lucked out no gd, but I got stuck with preclampsia.I am terrified this pregnancy about preclampsia, but I am eating way smarter and I keep exercising to monitor myself better. The best advice is just eat healthy and do occasional splurge so things stay controled for you.
  • im 31 wks and have gained 27 lbs. i am NOT happy about it. i too lost weight in the first trimester but once 20 wks hit my appetite came back with revenge on it's mind. so in 11 wks i have gained all of that! i am scared to death because i have 8-9 wks left to go and im heavy to begin with :-ss
  • It is nice to know Im not the only one.....I knew I was gaining fast but wasnt too worried until I realized I had gained 70 lbs. I have to eat when Im hungry or I feel sick,I just havent been as careful as I should about what I eat. Ive been trying to walk a little bit everyday now cuz I hadnt been exercising at all but my sciatic nerve has been KILLING me& sometimes its really hard to walk, anyone else have sciatic problems?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I am 33 wks and have only gained 27lbs but don't worry with my first I gained 80lbs!!
  • I'm 38 wks and gained 35 lbs. At first I was gaining like crazy...like 5+ lbs each month but once baby got big my weight gain slowed down. I have only gained 1 lb this past month because baby was squishing my stomach. So just have hope that once baby gets big u won't be able to eat much. ** also I started packing my own lunches instead of eating fast food and that helped a lot! Cuz I could snack all day :)
  • I feel better now. I thought I was alone in all this weight gain and have been going really hard on myself. Im 29 weeks and have gained 22 pounds and hate looking at myself but hey... what can I do? I hope to lose it as soon as baby gets here and i'm well enough to start working out..
  • I feel a lot better now too..... I was feeling like I was the only one with no self control.....lol

Is anyone else having sciatic nerve pain????Cuz mine has been killing me & thats what is really making it hard for me to walk or exercise while Im pregnant.....
  • @wallieheadbaby3 omg I thought I was the only one! People look at me like I'm nuts or something.. like you gained how much?? I have to pull out photos to prove it. I am also on my third baby as well :) how far along are you?
  • @kalikojenie I'm 30 weeks in 2 days. This pregnancy is getting so out of hand though. Everything hurts everything is swollen and I've almost gain 100lbs already. :( I'm due Sept 12th. How far along are u? How in the world do u think its possible to gain this much weight? Did u lose it quickly? Any complications? I know I don't eat enough to gain all this and I'm significantly swollen every time. I'm very intrigued that I have officially met someone else who has had this problem.
  • I've gained T lbs so far, but started out at 260, so can't afford to gain much. However my sciatica is insane!! Especially on my left side. I had problems w/ it when I was pregnant w/ both my sons but not this early (26 wks). Just keep walking a little bit, and change positions when sitting. I've found that walking a little is better than standing still. I went on a 3 mile hike last weekend and felt great. Went and stood around a museum yesterday and was in a lot of pain. So I'm gonna keep walking :) don't worry about the weight-just do what you can and make wise choices most the time. I say this as I am headed out to get a slurpie, ;)
  • @wallieheadbaby3 I am 37+3 atm due july 19th but thinking it will happen early. Yeah when I gained that much weight I could poke my leg and see the indent poke back out. Some of my weight gain early on was depression and the whole *eat for two* thing I took literally. After I gained 60 lbs I realized that it was way too much, but the rest of the weight I swear came from nowhere. My daughter they said was 7lbs and some odd ounces but iim pretty sure she was smaller then that so it wasn't her. I didn't have gd, was borderline preeclemptic. It took me almost four years to lose MOST of the weight, then I got pregnant with my son gained about half of it back and it took me two and a half years after he was born to be 20lbs off from my original prepregnancy weight, then I get pregnant again and have thankfully only gained 35. I think a lot of my lack of weight gain this time is because I actually got pregnancy symptoms too. My first two my only ssymptoms were weight gain and a baby kicking. This time I got all of it, plus for some reason I have very little appitite. I have been avoiding carbs (except cereal man I love it :) ) and avoid too much salt. Eevery meal I eat I try to get in veggies and fruit. Oh yeah plus I'm on the I'm so freaking poor I can't really afford to eat diet :((
    Are you planning on breastfeeding? That should help with some weight loss. And I understand everything hurting. Having all thiss extra weight put on your body will make it hurt. I spent a lot of my time in the bathtub/shower to allieveate the pain, but that only goes so far... :(