Shower planning, candy buffet, and other stuff!

Comments

• My man shot down every single name I suggested :( we finally agreed on Jacob Michael...I really really wanted Landen Michael, Aiden Michael or Ethan Alexander...to me Jacob is sorta plain but its the only thing we could agree on so Jacob it is. Ugghh I wish I could order from that site but my fiance is a cheap ass lol
  • Darn it, I thought this was a name choice announcement! (I was hoping to see Kentworth) ;).
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2011
    I just found these adorable zebra cookies! Gotta add them to the list for the shower. Whooo hoooo!
    :ar!
    Photobucket
  • @blueberrysmom don't hate me. I actually printed the picture of your bedding for inspriation. I have been hooked on lime green lately and paired it with zebra print in my boys bathroom. I decided to make his bedding myself with the zebra and lime green. Then I saw your bedding and just had to add a hint of the blue turqouoise to it. Ok pregly confession off my chest I feel so much better. And I am so glad I am not the only boy momma using a zebra print!
  • @blueberrysmom looooooove the bedding,cake and cookies! adorable!!
  • @socalmomma2boys HOW DARE YOU?! X( lmao! J/k! I'm glad you like it!! I think it's so cute plus blueberry likes to walk on the wild side so I think the zebra print with a bit of blue works great. It'll be fun to have hints of zebra all throughout the shower, too. I'm thinking of using little stuffed jungle animals as centerpieces and having zebras print table runners. So excited!

That is too cool that you can make your own! I'm lame. I quit everything. I took a sewing class as a kid, got my own sewing machine, made half a terry cloth t-shirt and bailed on the whole damn thing. Now I'm jealous! Take some pics so I can see how cute yours is once you get it all set up, okay! :ar!
  • I am doing the same print at my shower I will have to post a picture of the invites so cute. And I wouldn't go as far to say I am a seamstress or anything. My step mom and I think we can do it fingers crossed. We are just going to try to cover the bumpers I used for aden. So keep up all the good zebra print post! Oh and btw are we on a new pirate kick too?
  • Yey!!! Love it!! And so.won't blueberry!!!
  • Yes. I think I'm in love with --» :ar! He's got style and a certain mischievous charm! @socalmomma2boys
  • Haha he is pretty cute my fingers are to swollen to use the cute smiley faces on my smart phone.
  • I had to learn the code for him cuz my fingers won't do it on my phone either. I always end up with this guy --» :-j I mean, he's ok but he's no pirate! @socalmomma2boys
  • Oh my god that bedspread is adorable. So jealous of your blueberry.
  • There was another thread about doing a candy buffet. Great idea! So.... I'm going to have a black, blue, and white candy buffet at the shower so folks can make their own favors!

Photobucket

Photobucket
  • Omg you got very cute ideas for baby and the cake is adorable mine was a belly cake lol awe I can't wait to move into my home next month to start Isabellas room lol she will be 3 months by then hehe
  • @grissy_baria Congrats on the move! That's exciting! :ar!
  • edited July 2011
    @kaloresxcierre lmao! Just don't drop it because I know you can't pick it up...zing! :-j
  • @survivormommie Thanks! I'm really excited to plan the shower.
  • I love the cake with the matching cookie n the black n white candy buffet :) great idea n u said its under the tent thats really going to bring out the jungle theme. so excited to see the outcome
  • I find this great site where you can order candy by the pound and by color! Candy warehouse:
    http://m.candywarehouse.com/blackcandy.html
    http://m.candywarehouse.com/whitecandy.html
    http://m.candywarehouse.com/bluecandy.html

This will be perfect for the candy buffet! :-bd
  • Mmm candy!
  • Every thing looks great!! My theme is jungle as well but its giraffe elephant and monkey..no zebra. My hubby loves monkeys! Love all your ideas I hope everything goes well!!!
  • @pregnantelf Thanks, hun!!! :-D
  • Love it all!! Smh my family thought a cake from publix would be great at my shower cake looked like it had leaches on it!!
  • @Proudmommy8789 Seriously?!?! That is crazy. See, this is why I'm planning my own shower. I don't trust anyone to do what I want. My mom thinks I'm insane but I don't care one bit. Plus, when I ask if she'd rather plan it she's like, "Oh no...You're good at this stuff. Go ahead." Anyway, I think I'll have it catered by this local company that does the full package:

http://www.massoseventrentals.com/Celebration_Tent_.html

:)>-
  • Yeah im planning my next baby shower!
  • OMG! I'm loving every idea you throw out! Blueberry is such an inspiration! :-)
  • edited July 2011
    We're doing a candy buffet too! We went to a local store here and brought a bunch of different old school candies. We're putting them in decorative containers and making the whole table like a little disply. We also ordered little personalized boxes for geusts to put the candy in.

I love that your candy is color coordinated. That's really cute.