Am I wrong for not wanting...

the baby's father involved?

I'm not trying to get revenge or anything. To wrap it all up though once i stated that i did not want to be with him anymore after being 2 months along he pretty much started claiming that the kid isn't his YET he was living with me for 5 months already and not paying for ANYTHING. And he STATES that he isn't going to do anything until he gets a DNA test done. & everytime we talk about the whole pregnancy he cries and complains about how this is going to ruin his life and he can't get with a female now because of this kid blah blah blah ... as if he is the only one who has to sacrifice here and as if getting with a female is more important then his own kid. But anyways i did invite him to the ultrasound that determines the gender and once again he whines and complains about the baby. And i tell him i just need a simple yes or no. He says no. i ask why? & he says because idk whether it's mines or not. Then i begin to ball my eyes out. It just really hurts to know that i was completely faithful, committed, and truthful to him. I treated him like a king and this is what myself and OUR child gets in return? I'm crying as i type this because he's making me go through this all alone because he doesn't want the responsibility of a kid. UGH! But anyways after the ultrasound where i found out the gender, i told him that WE are having a girl. He replies back with " : ) " ... like seriously?! A smiley face?! That's it?! So then i reply back just asking if he would even like to be informed when i go into labor ... he didn't even reply back : ( I just feel horrible for my daughter. & at the end of the day he knows this baby is his he just doesnt want to take responsibility for it. He's also threatened me with taking full custody if i file for child support ... like thats going to ever happen

But i guess the real question is that once the DNA test is done should i even give him another chance to even step up? I feel as if he see's our daughter as a problem & I dont want him coming back in and out of her life. But i feel as if i have already given him enough chances (there are way more besides the ones i've stated above) and that just because she is physically here, to him at least, doesn't mean he can suddenly jump up and be father of the year all the sudden ya know?

Idk i just want to see if my feelings are reasonable about this whole situation.

Comments

• I don't think so. Your baby and you deserve better.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I don't think your wrong but make sure you don't pressure him... because if he doesn't want to do something more than likely he won't hopefully he makes a change best of luck to you and your baby girl welcome to team pink!!!
  • @KrazymomofAdrian : that's how i feel. I want the best for my daughter and he obviously isn't doing that now ... so why should i expect more when she gets here?

@Simplyraven22406 : Yes! It is better said then done. I remember looking at other women like leave that man alone ... if he ain't going to do shit don't waste your time. And now look at me lol! But i ultimately do it for my daughter. Its just hard to give up b/c my innocent daughter doesnt deserve this but i guess he see's it differently. But best believe ... i can not wait til the day that DNA test comes back and proves him wrong.
  • @Mybabe : I try not to. I understant that it's hard to take in the fact that this lil' human is now your responsibility but its just the crap he has said ... its like are you serious right now?! Like HELLO i didn't make this baby on my own. It's like he doesn't see that i have a human being growing inside me and it will be here soon! But thanks : )
    Team Pink!!! ( even though i hate that color lol )
  • Nope. I wouldn't give him the time of day. It seems as he had all his chances and blew them so I would not get a small test(unless you file for child support) I just would not waste my time on him.
  • @Simplyraven22406 : Yeah ... if anything i feel its made me stronger but it's so hard.

@OregonMama : That's EXACTLY how i feel. He even told me one time that i need to calm down because the baby isn't physically here yet. & i said what do you mean by that? She has a heartbeat, she moves around, she hits and kicks me, she makes me sick, she won't let me go to sleep sometimes ... she even had hiccups during the ultrasound that determines the gender. She's definitely here to me & he doesn't want nothing to do with her now ... so why should i even give him the chance to become involved when she is born ?!
  • @excitedforbaby : Thanks for the opinion. It makes me feel better about how i feel and that i'm not the crazy one here lol. But yeah i am filing for child support and where i live they do a DNA test before they file.
  • Yep. He sounds ridiculous. Wth? Why is he even concerned with other "females"? That really sickens me. I really hope you the best of luck
  • I'm sure there's a guy out there who can be a better father to her and a better bf to you if he doesn't want to be in her life id keep him out its sad to not have a dad but I think its worse to have a dad who doesn't show he cares my bfs dad is like that and so is his half sisters dad and they have a hard time with it that they know their dads but their dads don't care or put effort in I have 2 half brothers and even though my mom and dad aren't together my dad treats them like his he loves them very much and would do anything for them and I'm sure there have to be more like him out there
  • You're not wrong for not wanting him involved but if you did anything to prevent that then you'd be wrong. If he chooses not to be involved after the baby is born, that's a different story. For A LOT of men be they boyfriends,fiancées,husbands or even a casual hook up pregnancy to them is nothing more than a grainy picture on the fridge..for most it doesn't change until the baby is born and "real" in front of them.
  • OK team purple!!!
  • @excitedforbaby : I told him if FEMALES are what you see this child is causing the biggest issues w/ then your pathetic! And thanks! I hope for the best of luck too :-(

@OregonMama : EXACTLY! Shoot i can not wait! I am just waiting for when i see him after he finds out. Imma just start breaking out in laughter! & lol thanks! I plan to do well with my daughter ... i just hope she is all that she can be w/o her punk dad.
  • That's a real shitty dude.
  • @navywife : Yeah ... i see what you mean. Thanks! I think I might just stop trying to get him involved & let him handle it as he pleases. BUT i will let him know that he is either going to be there COMPLETELY or not be there at all. I guess i'm just more scared that even if he does become involved he only does when he wants.

@bbylucasMomma : I'm sure there is too! I know there is : ) & see ... thats what i don't want to happen. Your dad is a good man. & i would never try to keep my child from their father that tries to be a REAL father. I have 3 older sisters that my dad has tried to be there for but the women wanted revenge and wouldn't allow it one bit. And growing up i have seen firsthand how much it hurt him. Now that they are grown though, he still makes an effort to be involved with each and every one of them. Its just unfortunate that he couldn't do that all before.

@mrs_shu : No I would never try and prevent him at all. I just really don't want to wait to see what he does really. Because i don't want to give him the chance too & he continues to do the same thing that he does now. I guess I am more scared of giving him even more chances and getting hope and then being shot down.

@Mybabe : lol now that's better! Yet the funny thing is everything i have bought for my daughter is either completely pink or has pink in it lol
  • @navywife : I really hope so too! I wish he just grows up and takes care of his responsibility like he is supposed to but we will see i guess. Thanks though for all the help.
  • edited July 2011
    Thanks to you all ... i feel much better about this.
  • That's how I am I am looking for green and yellow!!!
  • If he Dnt want to do it now... its a good chance that he might not want to do it later.. but I Dnt know any man that have good luck ..or that is successful if they Dnt take care of there child ... I would put him on child support because you didn't do it alone it not fair for you or your child that he Dnt want to stand up as a man ... and if he know any better he would not ask for a dnA test because if the state pay for it and when it come back to be his he will have to pay that back .and up into the day she was born... wrong move!!! Seem like he have a lot of growing to do and fast ... in state of fl. You will sit in jail till you pay it off or in work release... or if he work than when taxes time come than the money he owe will be yours... like girls say here he will pay you taxes licence will be revoke and all... u doin the right thing because u Dnt want her to hurt later..@ohsoloveable ps. By time he get to a place in life that he want to do right he want be able to because it will be blocks like these set up in the road...
  • Oh yeah I'm filing for child support right after she is born. Whether he becomes involved or not I want there to be a legal setting in place for child support. & yeah I don't want her to deal with him like I have these past few months. A child shouldn't have to try and get their parent to be a parent.
  • edited July 2011
    You so right...let it all go if you hate him she will come out lookin just like him lol ... no stress...good luck mama
  • Thats good to hear, whatever you decide to do stick with it. AND PLEASE if he does want to be there DON'T be one of those women who hold seeing the child as a way to punish him or get back at him. That hurts the child as much as him. But I do agree with I think it was @navywife sometimes they do step up, but sometimes they don't. I meant to say that earlier but it posted the first part of my comment but not all of it. Lol silly phone. Good luck hun. How far along are you now? Just wondering cuz I can't wait to see a pic of her.
  • @soloveable u will have to give him a chance when the dna comes bck if u put,him on child support. That sucks he's an ahole but take care of yours u seem strong & it sounds like u deserve better. Im glad I have a great husband thats supportive. This is the best advice i can give since I hvnt been through something like this just pray & keep your head up for that precious gift, that blessing, ur little girl he's missing out on time he cant get back.SUCKS 4 him u have front row seats backstage passe. I hope u feel better :)
  • @2blessed2bestress : lol that made my day but thanks! Best of luck to you too

@KrazymomofAdrian : I try my best not to be ... i mean i see why SOME females are like that. He shoulda been there from the beginning which means the night of conception to me lol but hopefully he does step up to the FULLEST extent that he can once the baby is here. Its just going to be hard on my part because during these past few months he's been living it up like a stork is going to show up one day to present the baby to him and that nothing has to be done or taken care of before the baby gets here. But i am currently 24 week & 6 days. My EDD is Oct. 28th which is still a few months away. But i can't wait to see her either :-D

@Josiahsmommy : See now you are one of the lucky few! lol But yes ... I do plan on giving him a chance but i don't like that one bit after all this crap he has been putting both her and i through but that's ok. I do it for her at the end of the day. & thanks! I wish he saw this baby as a gift and wanted to experience this pregnancy up close too. I mean this baby is his first and he's going to miss out on the whole pregnancy at least because he doesn't want to take responsibility of the baby. It's so important to me but i guess not to him. and thanks ... i really do feel better!
  • I suggest giving him a chance to prove himself while she's still too little to remember and be hurt. Right now he probably doesn't feel like a father but that may all change once he looks into your baby's beautiful face. Not saying it will change but it might you never know