GGGRRRRR!!!!! MIL ISSUE W/ BABYSHOWER!

edited July 2011 in Baby showers
i once posted a topic here asking which day was better for a baby shower, Saturday or Sunday...mostly everbody said Saturday & i agreed...i had chosen August 27 for my babyshower, which is a Saturday...im not gonna be able 2 do it on that day cause my brother went ahead and chose that date...only because i hadnt told anybody i wanted that date cause i hadnt picked put a spot yet...so i cant do it on the 27th anymore...so i was planning now on doing it 1 wk b4 or 1 wk after...both on Saturday's...so last night im talking to my MIL & BD & out of nowhere she says, 'i hope the babyshower is on sunday cause i gotta go 2 work on saturday'...mind you, she owns her own salon...she is the OWNER! she says that she cant go on saturday cause then shell miss out on making $400!...understandable...but at the same time, why not SACRIFICE one lil day to go to you FIRST GRANDSONS BABYSHOWER??? she dont even gotta miss a whole day...just a few hours...so my BD got in2 an argument over it...but this morning while i was getting ready 4 work i told him, 'i hope ur mom was just playing about the whole babyshower thing'...& he said no that she was dead ass serious! but then , he starts arguing with me about telling me that i should just make it on a sunday...that to not be so 'confrontational' about it...he doesnt want any fights & is under a lot of stress...& they argued again about it in the morning & he says to her, 'i bet if ur man neede u on a saturday, u would take the day off'...snd she said SHE WOULD TAKE IT OFF!!!! ggrrrr...he flipped out on her! but why should i sacrifice and make it on a sunday just to accomodate her!? thats not fair...i fkn work full time & if i do it on a sunday, i would have 2 go 2 work tired as hell on monday! & she doesnt work on monday so shell be straight!!! ADVISE PLZZZZZZZ X(

Comments

• wow. i would make it one week before just because i would be afraid no one would show to mine if it's one week after the other one. that's my opinion. yea i would say your mil can suck it up. that's absurd. i mean, this is her grandbaby and you are the mom to be- it's about YOU! and then i would tell your hubby that he needs to stand up and say "this is the best way it will work out and i think taking off 2 hrs wouldn't be traumatic to your ability to pay bills." that's craziness!
    i, myself, am having it on a Sunday because the venue we are having it is packed every saturday for months. so i chose sunday. and it's free so forget having to worry about that. it's very common to have it on a sunday around here.
  • do what you want .. make it a lil later in the day and she can leave work a lil early to make it.. its your shower not hers.. and why are you throwing it.. you dont have a bff or a family member willing to do it.. just wondering.. you could always put it off on them.. lol.. jk .. she needs to accomidate you and change appt.. why cant she just go in on mon instead of sat.. heheheheh.. lol.. i know that would be too much to ask right.. ugh.. some people.. i swear .. youd think they were the ones having the babies.. i mean its over a month away.. she can change apts.. or something..
  • Cuss his mama out! Lol im jk. Do what you want to do or try to compromise.
  • so in other words i should just be the bigger person & change it to sunday???
  • still do what you like...there's always gonna be someone that has a reason not make it..make it do saturday and if she goes or not that's her choice..especially if she can get the day off or early