baby shower...should i b mad???

edited July 2011 in Baby showers
my husbands aunt and my mom are throwing me a shower...but i just found out that my aunt is combining my baby shower with her 9 yr old sons birthday party. my mom tryed to talk her out of it but she already dent out the invitations. granted they r n different rooms at the place she rented but she ordered the cake to b half mine and half his. dont kno how thats gonna work. dont get me wrong im glad im getn a shower but kinda aggrivated that it wont b exclusively my day. i guess i cant complain too much since my aunt and uncle are buying us almost everything we need. they are spending 1500 plus the price of the room rental and cake. mom is takin care of food games prizes andasscessories. should i b mad about not getn my own day???

Comments

• Ill be kind of mad since people wont be too happy about taking 2 gifts
  • As long as your party and a 9 year old part aren't together, feel blessed. I know if I had an aunt who was that thoughtful, I would thank my lucky stars and hug her all the time. Don't be too upset. Give her a chance and maybe it will be a very good experience.
  • I would have mixed feelings her son should have his own special day as well as you your own
  • I.could understand it since they arnt in the same room and the family is there anyway. But sharing the cake is a bit off
  • They are in separate rooms so that might not be so bad. The cake thing, now that's a no no. You both should have your own cakes.
  • I thought the same thing as azmom. It's probly a little sad/irritating for both you and your nephew, but in the end, he gets a birthday party and you get a baby shower.
  • As long as they are two seperate parties and in different rooms, I don't really see an issue with it. Your Aunt spend alot of money and just trying to utilize the facility. I'm sure your baby shower will be beautiful!
  • It sounds weird to me, but I guess it's a good thing, the kids will be at there party and won't be annoying you at yours? What's going to happen with the cake though? Everyone has to leave one party and go to the other? That's a little frustrating...maybe see if your mom will do a second cake.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • i would be beyond pissed. Im a little selfish ill admitt it i dont care if i was you i would be soooooooooooooooo mad! I would have rather just planned the whole thing myself, this sounds more like a hassel than a good idea :(
  • yea i would be upset. don't get me wrong, that's awesome that they are doing that. i think it's ok that your shower is in one room and the bday in the other- but the cake is ridiculous. i would just tell her that i'd pay for my own cake. that's tacky
  • Hmm. No, its still in different rooms. Parents can drop kids off at the party so they won't be causing chaos at the shower. I think its a nice thought for her. Her child probably hates the idea too. But she can't spend all that money to do 2 parties and gifts.
  • thx for the input guys...i think the main thing im mad abt is the cake...ive been craving brownies my whole pregnancy maybe i'll have my mom make me brownies for my shower and we will eat them and when they get their half of cake eaten we can have the other end. since his party starts at 12 and mine starts at 2 since i have guests traveling from abt 2 hour out. i called her and she had cake modified so that it will b a full sheet cake 1/2 mine and 1/2 his. she said it is saving abt $20-25 to get cake that way. so i guess everything has worked out for the better . glad i talked to her. ;)
  • well hey atleast you'll be able to taste the cake during his party & then agian at your shower :p
  • nothin like double cake since i crave sweets!!! :)