not sure how long this will work (sorry a little long)

edited July 2011 in September 2011
I went to hospital friday night around 11:30pm due to chest pain I had been having for a day and a half. I was also having cramping and bad back pain which my doc told me Thursday was from me compensating for not feeling good. Well turns out my chest pain is from my ribs slipping out of place which let me tell you is no fun. The other stuff was contractions they were coming every 8-10 mins and they were pretty strong. So they decided they thought I was dehydrated I disagreed. They gave me one bag of iv fluid and guess what instead of getting better they picked up answers only 5 mins apart and stronger so I got two rounds of shots to try to stop them. Then they decided to give me a pill since the shots didn't work well after 19hrs at hospital, 2 shots, pain med, a muscle relaxer, and a pill to try to stop contractions. I was sent home and told they are just something I will have to deal with til I deliver bit they are still just as strong but are anywhere between 10-20mins apart. I am only 33+2 wks today ani talked to nurse about this pill I am suppose to take every 12 hrs to keep then spread out and she said if your body doesn't completely stop them on their own then pill sometimes only works for like a week. So if everytime it wears off their picking back up then I am worried about not being able to hold off labor with these pills for much longer!! Idk aha to do or think just thought I would share and see if anyone had opinions or experiences with this. (Btw my first was born at 37+2)

Comments

• FTM, no experiences but I hope everything works out for ya!! :X
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Omg I hope they stop it for ur sake
  • Thanks @everyone I hope they stop but I can't do anything I am still having them even though they are not as close they are still strong. Just want my little girl to be ok.
  • Are you dialating
  • With my first I took a pill every 3 hours. Held of labor almost 1 1/2 months
    Then didn't go into labor for like 1 1/2 weeks after I went off the pills.
  • I am not dilating just thin and I had to wait for pharmacy to fill my prescription and was two hours late on my pill and the contractions picked up to point where they were about 6-7 mins apart and it was hard for me to talk or walk audit took til an hour after before they slowed down with the pill I just am so sore and tired and just want it to stop cause its not good for her
  • @mom60511 thanks that makes me have hope. I just am worried cause before any of this happened I had complications in the pregnancy and my doc said he didn't think I would make it past 36 wks and now I have this and am hoping I can even make it to that point.
  • Prayers for u and I hope it gets better...
  • @DawnwaarsBaby thank you so much
  • Ok so the pill was working the contractions were less than 4-6 in an hr. So I know they told me to not have sex til I seen my doctor and was released. But my hubby and I were talking and one thing lead to another... I know I shouldn't have but its been a while and we took it easy but now I am worried cause my contractions are up to 7-8 in an hour and they are stronger. I feel like I made a bad decision. Did I do something stupid?
  • I would check in with your doc... And just be honest, it happens... I wish I had a sex drive, totally no drive... Im so jealous... :-((
  • It was supposed to be the face with tears...
  • @dawnwaarsbaby I ended up back at hospital tonight cause my back was killing me and was having stabbing pains down there. I got the rudest nurse who yelled at me for having sex. She also waited til we were alone and my hubby went to pull up car and she leaned down and got in my face and told me I needed to make sure I was not back there within the next couple of weeks cause I didn't need to do that to my baby andif I came back it would be my fault.when she checked my cervix she wouldn't even tell me what I was dilated but now I am on strict besrest.
  • Is tell her that was very unprofessional and that she better check her attitude b4 she loses her job. I am not above writing down a rude nurses name and licence #. Their job is to fix things, not yell at u.
  • I am going threw the same problem as you I am 32week. And 5 days!
  • The worst part is that my doc has been out of state since Thursday night and he wont be back til midnight tonight. But at least I get to see him tomorrow and hopefully we can figure out something cause I will be 34 wks on fri and am so miserable especially with having to take pills to stop contractions. And its so extremely hot!!! :-((
  • It was supposed to be the crying face stupid phone