man showers!

edited July 2011 in Baby showers
im thinking about throwing my hubby a man baby shower ( not sure what to call it) because a lot of his friends/male family members are excited about the baby talking about buying him gifts and things like that....i dont mind inviting them to the baby shower, but i want them to have their own little thing were they can just be guys and give him fatherhood advice...what do you guys think?

Comments

• hm. idk. in latino culture. for the most part. the fathers r involved in the baby shower. men n women come. girls play baby shower babys. men cook bbq n drink n kick back.
  • Im actually having a collaborative shower with both men and women. It wont be many gsmes, more of a chill, listen to music, my band is playing, sangria, food... Etc...
  • My bd is having one and calling it a diaper party...him and all his friends are going out but they have to bring a bag of diapers
  • Yea i was going for a co-ed baby shower from the start but i know a lot of ppl in my family are used to the more traditional shower.i didnt want it to accidentaly turn into two seperate parties..but i guess ill just stress the co-ed part!! I cant be around women that long anyway lol....
  • We are kinda doing the same thing. We are doing a baby shower/diaper party. The shower is co-ed and family friendly but it's going to be like the women inside and the men inside lol. (by request of dh). Well with the actual present stuff that's how it will be anyways.
  • If u do one as co-ed less money you have to spend than for two And it can go towards baby!!"
  • I just threw my husband a daddy shower this past weekend. I did a poker party and poker foods for everyone for dinner :) we asked to play poker instead of money to bring diapers. It turned out great and they guys had a great time :) There were a couple of guys who showed for dinner but just brought diapers anyways. We ended up with 8 packs of size one diapers :) My husband loved the party and gave him a chance for a guys night.