POSITIVE induction stories?

edited July 2011 in July 2011
Hi ladies,
my DD is july 31 but dr is going to induce at 39+2. which is next tuesday. With my first son i labored about 6 hours and no pitocin was needed just an epidural.Inducing with this one due to risk of developing "late" high blood pressure plus i am extremely exhausted. I have been online TRYING to find positve induction stories and I really cant lol. But i would LOVE to hear yours because I am very very nervous/scared!!! :-S

Comments

• * I am currently about 1 cm and baby is low.
  • I started at zero everything, lol, so they did cervidil. I think I did 12ish hrs of that, which didn't hurt, just boring and made me crampy. At 3 cm they gave me an epi and started pitocin. My water broke while I was getting the epi, epi did not hurt at all. Two hours later, I fell asleep and they woke me up about 5 hrs later to push. 15 minutes later she was born!
  • @laura536 thanks for responding :) oh wow, that makes me feel better.was there a reason for you being induced? My dr bascially gives you the option after 39 weeks especially if ur miserable ( as long as baby is fine)
  • I was induced with my first. I had a membrane sweep the night before and then I was put on an iv in the morning and waters broken. He was born 5 and a half hours later with no pain meds. It was so easy im nervous of a natural labour lol
  • @2ndbutfirst yes i am def doing the epi again.You went very very quick!
  • @misselfae lol wow! my dr said we would just start the pitocin (which is the main thing im scared of...idk y) i would walk, she would break my water then do the epi if needed.
  • Honestly, 5 years ago, when she was born, I wasn't on the internet so much and I had no idea that inducing was this big "thing" I was supposed to not want. So I'm 39 weeks and i'd just had an u/s that said she weighed 8lbs and the dr was like "do you want to have this baby tomorrow?" And I'm thinking of course! Lol! I don't think there was an official reason, unless it was her weight.
  • I was induced with all 5 and will be with this one too. I had epis with all of them as well. I had NO issues with any of them. Very routine. Don't stress, love. Just go with the flow and you will be fine :)
  • I actually had no idea what to expect. I had been in hospital for 3 days with a bleed was told week before to expect to be induced. I was so scared of labour I choose to not know till it was to late lol. Turns out I prefer labour to pregnancy!
  • @sissylala lol i love your name :-D im will def take your advice of just going with the flow, stressing wont make it any better
  • Your body tends to respond better to labor if you don't stress. Stressing can definitely prolong the process! Lol
  • @sissylala Thank you

@2ndbutfirst.....thats so true, Glad i have Pregly!
  • I was induced a week early and the labor was a lil long but. not very painful and she came out in 7 pushes I would do it again oh yea I asked to b induced
  • I was induced with my son at 40+6 bc I was overdue. I went in at 6 pm and gave me the vaginal pill. A couple hours later they started me on pitocin. Was in labor all night and at 830 am I was dilated enough for the epidural. Then they broke my water. I then slept for a couple hours and woke up to push...had him at 12:27 pm. No issues and he was a perfectly healthy 8#5oz baby. If I'm overdue again I will induce again.
  • @Stevkam0911 i was put in the hospital monday with high bp and they r going to start inducing tonight @ midnight! they have told me procedure will go as such...bloodwork and paperwork, iv, cervical check, cervadil pill insertion to the cervix, baby on monitor for 2hrs, up to pee if i need 2, @ 6 picton and magnesium, as well as catheter, water break @ 7:30 and epi any time after that...then just wait for time 2 push!

i have a thread that i will b updating if u wanna see how mine goes...but dont stress. every woman, every baby, every pregnancy, every birth is different and unique in its own way! :D
  • oh im 37 wks exactly and measured 1 cm dialated as of last friday!
  • @redhead25 whats the vaginal pill?
  • I was induced with both my girls. No complications. They're both happy and healthy girls. One is 7 the other is 3. I was induced BC of low fluid with both
  • @vanlkr Congrats! Thats sort of how she explained mine would go. except for the cervadil. yes i would love to see how it goes!im excited for you lol its finally over:)
  • @stevkam0911 its supposed to help u dilate.