how many ultrasounds do you usually get and when??

So at my anatomy scan the ultrasound tech was only 70% sure my baby is a girl...she wouldnt open her legs n kept moving around lol. I really want another opinion cause I'm not so sure she was right. We were going to get a 3d ultrasound but we are kinda strapped for cash right now. So does anyone know if there is any way I could get another ultrasound?

Comments

• Not that I know of. If so, it is very close to the end. Im having the same issue. My bby girl wouldnt open her legs either.
  • It depends on your dr. Usually, you just get 2, 1 to verify preg at 8 to 10 weeks and 1 to check anatomy at 20 weeks. I got a third one last time to check position, but not until 39 weeks. Some drs will do more though, depending on your insurance.

I've had a bunch this time, one just because I was my dr's last appt and she wanted to use the u/s machine, lol! So it can't hurt to ask your dr!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • They usually do another around 28 weeks to check for growth. :) you may have them check for gender then. They also maybe nice and order one earlier just for the anatomy again.
  • Id ask your Dr. Before paying another place. All Dr.s are different and your insurance can also be a factor.
  • Ok thanks guys! Ill have to ask my Dr and see if I can get another one :D *hopefully he says yes*
  • My Dr was only 60% sure my last was a gurl so they scheduled me for another a wk later. Explain to ur Dr that they couldn't tell Wat it was an she shuld give u another .
  • My doctors office does 4. 10w,12w,20w, and 32w
  • I actually had two anatomy scans because they couldn't see my baby's heart good enough. Just ask for another one never hurts. My last one was at 24 weeks and I'm now 33 weeks and getting an ultrasound tomorrow. Just depends on your doctor.
  • I've only had 3 (7,11 & 20) they said that's it but I will probably get another one closer to my due date!
  • If u have insurence say u fell or something like that. Its not the right thing to do but ull get ur us most likely.
  • I've had 3 already, but my first was an anatomy scan because my insurance didn't come until then. My little guy has SUA, so i get them once a month then every 2 weeks after 30 weeks to monitor growth. Makes me worry, but at least i get to see him more Often
  • geez I feel like I've had a lot. I had one at 9 weeks, two at 12 weeks, i found out the gender at 20 weeks, another at 26 weeks, and I'm going to get a 4d on monday. Is that too many?
  • It all depends on your insurance, dr and if you are considered high risk. I only get two, the one to determin if there is a baby and.the anatonomy one. I wont be getting any more unless some sort of problem pops up.