Will He Continue?

edited July 2011 in Depression
He reminded me of when we first met... He was almost shy.

The kids were sleeping, and he was in the shower (or so I thought). For about 20 minutes I enjoyed the silence and took a moment to think to myself.

What if doesn't work out? What if he cheats again? Am I prepared to be a single mother? Will my family support me emotionally? Will he still be there for his daughters? If we work out, will I ever find him attractive again? Does he think I'm pretty still? What am I worth to him? How can he say he loves me if he broke my heart? Will my kids think it's their fault if we do get divorced? What did I do to make him turn to another woman? All of these questions will be pondered on over the next few weeks or months.

My thought process was just insanely high strung. He came out of the bathroom, with dry hair, and the same clothes on. Wth? My first thought; That big jerk was on the phone in there...! He doesn't even respect me enough to leave the suite to make calls?! :/ My second thought; He was masturbating. HAHAHA! He's gonna be doing that for a long tiiiime!

To my surprise, he came over to me, took my hand and lead me to the bathroom. The look in his eyes, it was like he was looking into my soul. The kind of feeling like he actually cared that he hurt me. I could feel him trying to crawl inside my chest with a little sewing needle, searching for every piece of my heart that was scattered in my body. Trying to fit them together so it would be mended. His tear drops landing on each broken part before stitching it back together. He put my hand on his chest, and hugged me close. His heart pounding beneath me. For a moment, I felt his love. We walked slowly to the bathroom. (My third thought; Great, he's gonna show me a big turd or something. "Baby look how big it is!") I stood in the doorway and gasped.

The scent coming from the room, similar to standing in a cookie factory. Flowers and candles covering every square inch. Floating candles in the jacuzzi. He wasn't taking a shower, he was running me a bath! I was so stunned. He bought atleast 150 candles. When he got them, I don't know. I paid very little attention to him today. I spent most of my time trying to keep up with the girls and nursing/cuddling baby Corrine.

I am very ashamed of my body right now, as a result of him cheating. Do I get in? Walk out? I certainly don't feel comfortable with him seeing me naked. I think he sensed my dilemma. He reached to the counter and handed me my bathing suit. That's when I ALMOST cried. But not quite. He leaves so I can undress and get my bathing suit on. He knocks softly, and comes back in. He holds my hand again, and helps me into the tub. The water feels nice. He takes his pants off, revealing his swim trunks. I smiled inside. He slowly climbs in (we haven't spoken one word yet). He strokes my hair and sweeps it behind my ear.

He looks at me and says "I know your eyes like the back of my hand, how can I make them stop showing so much hurt? I love you, and only you." I don't respond. I look away and feel his heart sink with a long sigh. He rubs my back and legs. I lean back and rest my head on his chest. His heart rate picks up. I love him to death, but I don't want to feel any more pain. We sit there, soaking for a long while. I was so tired, I wanted to lay down. We get out and dressed, head to the bed. He sueezes me so tightly. For THREE hours. No talking. No TV. Just him holding me and staring at me. I drift to sleep....

I cannot deny that I enjoyed feeling loved again. But he still has a ton of work to do. One night of love isn't gonna cut it. I need a lifetime. He promised me 50 years. I'll accept nothing less.

Comments

• I can tell you those daily doubts will continue for awhile and eventually wont be so many, so often. I can't tell you how long because everyone and every situation is different. But he's off to a damn good start sweetie.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2011
    I hope he continues to make u feel loved and show u ur all he needs.. I wish Ryleigh's daddy would take away all the pain he has caused me but ive realized its all wishful thinking on my end..
    u deserved all the attention he gave u tonight and tons more.. good luck :)
  • He is off to a good start but I hope he makes you feel loved everyday and you don't deserve anything less. My hubby has messed things up lately and has done nothing to win my love and trust back. I wish you the best of luck.
  • Ugh I cried reading this...some days I feel my hubby's talking to other girls I constantly regret getting pregnant I know he wouldn't cheet but there is that thought n I can see him doing the same thing yours did..I don't know what. I'd do
  • I can see myself forgiving him if he keeps up his ways. Not right now, but maybe in the future.
  • @azmom Trust. Your. Instincts.
  • Hmm he has to prove to u he will be faithful n u have to learn how to trust him again is hard.
  • Crying here too...I hope he keeps making an effort and continues to make you feel loved.
  • edited July 2011
    I'm crying too. I hope it mends, and you should be a romance novelist.
  • Omg I felt like I was reading a page from a book. That was beautiful. Sweetie you are strong for trying to deal with all this. Hope he continues to make an effort. Goodluck in the future with resolving your issues with him and the relationship.
  • Ugghhj... I swear I cried while reading this!! My husband has NEVER done anything romantic to me!! Not once!!! And I wwish mine did that! He doesnt care!!!
    Im proud of you momma!! :*
  • Wow! I'm glad I'm not the only one crying (a first for me on Pregly)! What he did was sweet, and you are indeed a strong woman for allowing him to do what he did. Even if it doesn't work out in the long run, I think you are an amazing woman for even taking the time to think before you make any sudden moves/decisions. People make mistakes. Dopamine is one HELL of a drug (please look it up if you don't know what it is), and many people make "unconscious" decisions when they experience newness in their life! Keep praying, take care of your children, and do what's best for you. Make him win your heart back, and let it take as long as you need! :)
  • :-(( OMG I think the tears started around paragraph 4. Wow, I'm still mad at your husband but I must say...Wow...way to finally pull your head out of your ass hubby & take time to remember what's important and where your HEART is! I just think that was totally perfect what he did. He must have put a lot of thought into this...and the swim suits...perfect! It sounds to me that he's done some soul searching on his end. I hope the both of you find it in your hearts to find the love and respect for each other that brought you together, and grow from this and never look back! Best of luck to you, I know this can't be easy for you, I hope he keeps this up so it helps the healing process just a bit!

Sidenote....wow, write much! Holy cow! I also felt like I was reading a page from a juicy novel! All of your honesty and raw emotion was so easy to relate to (paragraph about coming out with dry hair) You should keep a journal of this whole experience, might be helpful to write all of your emotions down throughout the process, may help you work through this??
  • I agree with @baileygoose...writing could definitely be helpful! Your words are very descriptive; I almost felt as if I were you.
  • edited July 2011
    @mya218, @baileygoose, @betty, @15Nove_Babe, @romeike89, @richjen24, @dec10, @cfa, @simplyraven22406, @mama_0811, @mrs_shu I was thinking about starting a journal... But I let a lot of feelings show in writing. Which, I don't want him to see. I find myself rolling my eyes at him. Still waiting to wake up from this nightmare. He asked me if he could invite a buddy over tonight to play video games.. He says he never told any of his friends about his infidelity, but I'm not sure. Where he works, we're all a big family. They even printed pictures off of him and me holding the baby and hung them over their desks. They've come over just to kiss the kids and me. But I'm still embarrassed. They all stay in the same building and nobody seen him bringing a random girl up to his room?? C'mon. I'm not stupid. And Donny (the one who he wants to come play games) had a whole lot of hurt in his eyes lastnight when he hugged me and kissed my cheek goodnight. Rich, another friend, sighed when he hugged the baby and gave David a stern look. I'm pretty good at reading emotions, and these men seem really hurt. They've been my brothers for 4 years. I would come out and ask one of them, but I don't want to be wrong and be the bearer of bad news to his buddies. Also, when we first got to California, David's boss offered me and the girls his suite for the night and told me to call him if I needed to talk and he would come straight over, even if it was 3am. Hmmm. I just hope that if David did tell them about his cheating that he also told them that he regrets it and won't ever do it again. We went to Walmart yesterday to pick up a vibrating baby chair and wipes. We went back to the electronics for a couple movies. There's always this nice employee working back there when we go. I haven't seen him since April which was the last time I was in California, I was 24 weeks pregnant. As soon as he seen us, he came running to us congratulating us on our new daughter. He looked at David and said "you are just glowing with pride, daddy. I can see you're the happiest man in the world right now". I almost died. I just smiled and David turned beat red. He continued with "you guys are the most amazing couple and you have the most beautiful wife and family, you should be so proud". A tear tried to work its way out but I forced it back. My husband was the only person who thought we weren't meant to be. Hurts like hell. I was carrying the baby chair and wipes since he was carrying the baby... After a weird awkward silence, he bursted. "Oh my! You just had a baby! You shouldn't be carrying anything!" I said it was fine, I could handle it. He insisted that I let him get me a cart. David just kept saying "Really, she's fine, she doesn't need it." Sad to see a person I don't really know, caring more than the person I gave 8 years of my life to. The man gets me a cart and puts my things into it. I told him thank you and he hugged and congratulated me again. We left, and it was utter silence back to the suite. FINALLY, I could see how hurt HE was! It looked unbearable, and painful, and full of regret. An ounce compared to what I feel, but the point that he is hurting gives me a small amount of hope. I love him, I hope he makes it up to me, and gains my trust. It may take forever, but I hope he sees that I'm worth it.
  • edited July 2011
    I think he made a mistake. A HUGE, HORRIBLE, UNEXCUSABLE mistake. I think he truly loves you, and will continue to TRY and prove it. The only thing that makes me worry is the fact that he carried this affair on for two months without regret--- until of course, he got caught. I pray that this is a very hard lesson learned and that he has no will to try again. I think you are doing a great job making him suffer and making him realize just what he has to lose. Time heals all wounds, love. You are strong, and hopefully one day this will be a distant memory... we can forgive, but we DONT forget ..
  • @sissylala I hope you're right. I really do. But I will only give up, once he does.
  • wow talk about making ME cry. i am so sorry you have to go through this, and will go through all of this. i know it hurts you when your loved one is hurting. i would verbally tell him that he has to realize it's literally going to take a LIFEtime of all of this treatment to remind you that you really are his one and only. no exceptions.
  • edited July 2011
    @survivormommie3 I did tell him. And he promises to do it, but he also promised and vowed to be faithful, which didn't happen.
  • You are worth, and if he ends up not seeing it then he is the blindest person in the world! I hope he continues to treat u like a queen but if not remember there is someone out there who will...
  • Have u considered counsoling it will help ur relationship grow even more. I know u love him n ur hurt at the same time n u don't know wat to do but u u n him really want to work it out think about counseling. I pray that he learned his lesson. N he will never make the same mistake again. U could give him another try a second chances wont hurt well if he doesn't do it again. But ur mean thing is trust do u trust him after this? If not u have to learn how to trust him again. I wish u the best
  • Those men probably DO know some of what happened. Your husband may not have spoken to them about it but people aren't blind, ya know? Its weird but take comfort in knowing they did not and do not approve. So many friends(work/personal) don't care, look the other way or worse cheer and encourage infidelity. Best part IMO(sarcasm!) the ones who turn around and say if you're not happy just leave when a spouse is complaining are the ones who aren't married have never been married and 9 out of 10 times aren't even in a relationship! !
    I agree with @dec10 and others who suggested counseling. Being sorry and swearing to never do it again is all well and good but he needs to find out the why. The underlying reasons of what caused him to do it and continue. Like @sissylala says he didn't just cheat he had an affair, an actual relationship which to me is more damaging than a one night stand.
  • awe this seriously brought tears to my eyes, i havnt been around much lately so i dont know all of the story but i do really hope things work out for you and your family. you have always seemed like a sweet lady and i know things will go right for you.

ps. you have amazing writing skills so easy to read..write a story it would be Amazing to read <3
  • @Simplyraven22406 Thank you. I'm sure I forgot to mention this, but his father works with him. He loves the girls and is VERY hurt that David did this. So no, I am not concerned about him going to work because I know nothing will happen between the time he leaves and gets home. BUT I am concerned about him going to the store and things like that. He says the girl moved to Vegas yesterday, but I'm not sure how true that is. He drove her around in the company truck for Christ's sake. She knows company name and everything. It's unsettling that she could possibly be crazy and get him fired or vandalize something.

@FirstTimeMommyToBe But how for will his effort go. I don't mean to make you or anyone else cry, for some reason my emotions BLEED on paper.

@dec10 I suggested counseling, but when I really think about it, I'm afraid it will only make him not want to be in this marriage. I mean, he's gonna have to listen to me vent about how I think his manparts are gross now. The thought of someone elses vajayjay and lips were wrapped around my husbands schlong, makes me SICK.

@mrs_shu You're right. I do take a small amount of comfort in that, but at the same time, if they consider me any sort of sister or friend, they should have told me what was going on. Obviously he cheated because I'm not able to keep him happy anymore.

@Ladynplus1momma Thank you. Like I said before though, my emotions bleed on paper. :(

@OregonMama I love you! I pray that everything just gets better too. Not just for me, but for him as well. He stalks my Facebook now... I can't even update without him getting all weird and asking questions. I'm not the one who cheated, you are! Makes me wanna delete him. I untagged him from all of my photos and removed our anniversary. I don't know why, but it made me feel a little better. Thanks for your undying support. I truly consider you a great friend. <3