they say its bad luck??

edited July 2011 in September 2011
They say it bad luck to put ur babies crib up early?? I just got my babies crib today but don't know if I should put it together? What do y'all think?

Comments

• Huh? Why? You're almost there. And if you wasn't. Why would it be bad luck?
  • I personally don't believe in those superstitions. If u wana br prepared I say do it!!
  • I heard that before but I will tell you that the only reason you should not put your crib is cause gonna get full of dust Lol I Hate it
  • never heard of it.. I put Ryleigh's crib up before I was 30weeks and she is perfectly healthy..
    my papaw says its bad luck putting a baby in front of a mirror before they are a year old.. the stuff old people come up with
  • Lol that's what I thought but y'all know how some. People are the just scaring us moms with all these kind of things
  • And yes I am almost there just 50 more days or sooner
  • I didnt hear that until recently that my bf's mom told me. I don't believe in that stuff personally
  • @Cantunez2028 well when are u suppose to put it up
  • my BD's mom told me the same thing :/ but shes always saying superstitions like that
  • So youre suppose to put it up after the baby is born? That makes no sense!
  • I want to know who THEY are. They have a lot to say. Grrrrr... X(
  • They say your husband suppose to put it up while ur in the hospital...
  • What! No! Hubby is suppose to be at the hospital with you!
  • Mimibrowneyez36: That exactly what I think lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • we've had ours for quite a while.. and idk if i would trust my hubby at home by himself putting it together (he doesn't read the instructions LOL)
  • I opened my pack n play, left it for my love to see then put it back in the box so it doesn't get dusty, but its super easy assembly. Id put the crib together! Lo
  • My family is super superstitious and I've never hurd of this one only one I've hurd was letting ur baby see them selfs in the mirror before 6 months or something bad will happen
  • I haven't got to buy anything besides 3 outfits for my daughter and im 31.4 weeks. My family is kinda superstitious but my hubby thinks that it's best to wait after my baby shower to get anything myself. It's depressing :(
  • Were using a pack n play with a new born napper station for the first few months and I set it up the other day. I'm 34 weeks and I don't feel any bad ju-ju lol. I set it up so 1) the dog can get used to having baby stuff around. Most of what we have is 2nd hand so it came pre-installed with new baby smells from the last kiddo to use it ;) and 2) so I can get used to it being by the bed and hopefully not be stubbing my toe on it by the time she is in it lol (I'm clumsy..). Do what you feel comfortable doing and scre what 'they' say :)
  • I had a BDs mom who was so superstisious it made me wanna gag. Didn't wanna let the baby look n a mirror, and a bunch of other dumb stuff. It's fun to get all ur equipment put together and the crib and nursery all decorated. No bad vibes need b involved. And the more stuff u have situated and n place and the more time spent around it, the less bruised toes u will have later.
  • I'm 36 weeks and have yet to put up her crib but that's bc we have a bassinet which has been up for as long as I can remember! Lol and I'm gonna switch my crib for a white one bc I changed my mind.. oh and we haven't gotten the carseat!! Talk about waiting tl the last minute lol
  • @ittybitty @darknesofnight4u now I'm kinda scared i didn't know u werent supposed to put baby in front of mirror i show my 12 week old the mirror all the time he loves looking at our reflection :/
  • To one its own lol my family is super superaticious
  • I had my crib up and ready at 12 weeks lol...I'm 35+5
  • I put mine up around 12 weeks too and im 30+2. I think you will be fine lol :)