Kailee's birth story

edited July 2011 in Birth Stories
On Wednesday June 22nd I woke up at midnight or so because I thought I peed myself. I went to the bathroom and then fell asleep. About two o’clock I woke up again because I felt like I peed myself. I stood up to go to the bathroom and had water leak down my leg. So I woke up your dad to tell him I thought my water just broke. He asks me what I want to do. (Just fair warning your dad is cranky when he gets woke up in the middle of the night) I told him I wanted to wait and see if my contractions started getting worse. Well by the time dad had to get up and go to work they hadn’t gotten any worse so I decided to head in to labor and delivery to get the fluid tested. That way I would know for sure if my water did break. Dad woke up and asked me why I was up that early (he didn’t remember me waking him up at 2 am). So when I told him I was pretty sure that my water broke and I needed to go in he asked if I wanted him to go with. I said no they would do the test and then I would know for sure if it was time or not. I got to the hospital at 6 am that morning and they ran two amniotic tests. The first was a five minute one that came back negative. The second took about a half hour and came back positive. Dr. Syth came in and asked if I wanted to start Pitocin or wait for a little bit. Well I decided to wait so your grandma could have a good chance of making it on time. I called your grandma and asked if she wanted to head to Wisconsin. She asked why and I told her my water broke well she flipped out a little bit. She left about an hour after I called her, which was around 7 that morning. Dad got to the hospital around 8 and checked on me then headed home so he could get cleaned up. While he was gone I decided to take a shower too and the nurses helped me get in one. Dad got back while I was taking one and helped make sure I didn’t have any problems. Dr. Syth came in and since I really hadn’t made any real progress we started Pitocin. About 9 oclock that night the nurse checked me and I was 5 cm which was good but my water hadn’t broken completely so the Dr. would need to finish breaking it. So Dr. Syth broke my water at 9:30ish and put internal monitors on you. By 9:45 I asked for iv pain medicine. By 10 pm I begged for an epidural. After I got the epidural you gave mommy and daddy quite a scare. Your heartrate dropped to 80 and wasn’t coming back up. Daddy flipped me over to make you move and get your heart rate up. They put a oxygen mask on me and after about 1 minute after flipping me to my other side we got your heart rate back to 135. They stopped the Pitocin and left us both alone for a few hours. I fell asleep while your daddy watched over us. At around midnight they checked me and I was 9cms. I fell back asleep and around 2 am they checked me and I finally made it to 10cms and you were head down and ready. I didn’t feel like I had to push so they let me go back to sleep. At 5:30 am I woke up again and Dr. Syth said you were at a -3 so we had to start pushing soon. I had grandma Gina go get Grandma Shawn and I woke up daddy to start pushing. We started at 6 and I told Dr. Syth I would have you at by 9am. You were born at 8:57 am on Thursday, June 23rd, 2011. You weighed 8 pounds 11 oz and were 21 inches long. Your dad was the most amazing person through the whole labor and loves you very very much. We love you Kailee Isabelle Adkins.

Comments