My last ditched efforts to jump start labor... *Update*

edited July 2011 in Labor
Two days ago was pineapple, mangoes, cumin tea and sex. Yesterday I walked two miles and had sex. I had contractions for an hour and a half about 8 mins apart but they fizzled out. Now this morning I am going to go take the dreaded castor oil and go for a walk then hopefully sex. I have been having some strong braxton hicks but nothing patterned...well here it goes :)

Comments

• good luck! I would stay near the potty right after the caster oil (or so ive heard).
  • First bathroom run....hmmm maybe regretting this lol.
  • Any updates
  • @sissylala sorry it made me really sick to my stomach so I laid down and just woke up from an hour n half nap and been to the bathroom twice since I've been up. I have had what feels like one constant contraction for almost ten minutes now. I am going to start some cleaning and see what happens.
  • Ok. Good luck!!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Good luck
  • good luck %%- %%- %%-
  • Lol i have four days left....i figure....god has a reason for the delay so im just going to try to enjoy the rest of my time with her n my belly......i was thinking bout the oil but ruled it out....good luck mamma
  • Im just seeing if I can get him to flip! Hes breech. Nothing else has worked so why not. My doc said it wouldnt hurt to try. Believe me if he was head down, I would let it just happen!
  • I went on a mean power walk and contractions were less than two minutes apart and I was having to bend over bc of the pain. I went home and continued to clean. The contractions have slowed down to 8-10 mins apart the past hour. Im not convinced yet so I am just going to see how it goes. I am less than 10 mins from the hospital so i'm not worried at this point :)
  • Ouch these are hurting now and about every 5 mins....maybe it is the real thing?? Im going to finally pack my bags just incase lol.
  • Have yu tried yoga? There is positions that can help the baby turn. :)
  • How far along are you? Good luck
  • Im not sure if its yoga but I have been doing different positions for a while now. On my hands and knees and arching my back and swaying back and forth. I also tried the chiropractor, using cold and heat, music, hand stands in the pool lol. Hes stubborn and comfy!
  • Im 39 and 1. Maybe time, but I have had this before at work and nothing happened. But I did just loose part of my mucous plug for the first time so my body is doing some work at least!
  • Lol. So I told my husband it might be time and we should do it one last time bc it may be a while. Well we did and now my contractions stopped......wth. Oh well, I tried today :(
  • Thanks @richjen24 lol. @ashleyfew how did your mall walking go today?
  • Oh wow. Your water could break at anytime though so thats good news :) The castor oil didnt put me in labor but I would definitely say it moved things farther along for me lol. Still have a breech baby tho. @ashleyfew maybe your baby will come tuesday and our babies can share a bday :)
  • I've heard pumping for 15-20 could induce labor. Has anyone tried/ succeeded from doing that??
  • @crisco07 I didnt try with my pump but I have heard it can work bc of the release of oxytocin which causes you to contract :)
  • There is a pressure point in your foot that is suppose to help flip breached babies. I tried accupressure with no luck to induce labor, among many other things but maybe that could be what you need for the flippadee. Goodluck!! %%-