Need help with baby name

edited July 2011 in Baby names
Would you think our baby was a boy or girl if its name was Kamdyn? Please help. We really like the name but I don't want to curse our child for the rest of its life. Also what do y'all think of the name? I am 27 weeks now and would like to have a name picked out in time for the baby shower in a month. All opinions are welcome. :)

Comments

• I would say boy! There is an area of London called Camden.I like it as a name, its different!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Shoot! See this is what I was afraid of. I found the name in the baby book under girl names. (We are having a girl...lol). I tried to "girl" it up. This is the ONLY name that I have found that we both like. Was going to name her Kamdyn Mae (after my grandma Mae). And call her Kami Mae for short. *sigh* I guess its back to the baby name books. Lol!
  • I think the D brings out a masculine sound
  • Hmmm...thanks for your help @mybabe! I definitely don't want my baby girl having a masculine sounding name. Lol.
  • LOL its a cute name though
  • Kami is cute, why not just stick to that? Sorry!!! Could have Camille/Kamille (Ka-meal) and still have Kami?
  • @littlenat86 those are good ideas. I have thought about just naming her kami or camille or camilla but none of them seem right to me. I am very picky and cannot make decisions...lol. I am sure the perfect name is out there hubby and I are just gonna have to keep looking. :) thanks for the input.
  • That's cool, me and my partner had endless discussions, you want it to be perfect! I still completely adore my sons name, you want one that is 'the one'! Good luck (*)
  • Actually I think its a Girly name although it can be a boys name but my first thought was girl name its kinda like Cameron it can go either way and cute on a boy or girl
  • Ok. Phew! That's one vote for girl.. lol..it seems the more I say it the more girly it sounds. But I have gotten used to it which is why after months of considering this name I decided to put it to a pregly vote. Haha. Now I am undecided again. Oh my. :-))
  • all names go both ways now a days so just name your baby what you want!! babies are cute no matter what their names are! and i know both a boy and a girl named camden.. so either way i think youre good girl :) i like the spelling that you chose!
  • Yeah I just don't want her to be the center of cruel jokes. But I agree about names these days going both ways.
  • @baby2dec14yayy you and @charliebby1116 have helped me to feel more confident . Thanks. :D
  • edited July 2011
    I actually think u can use the name for a boy or girl. It looks more girly with the y. I say with it. Kami mae is adorable
  • Yeah I agree with these ladies, my initial thought was boy but the more I look at it I think it could be either and its pretty cool for a girls name too!
  • Thank you so much ladies for all your help and opinions.
  • I think it could go either way but that spelling is more girly. I almost named my daughter Ryan
  • spelled with a k makes me think girl. i like the nae if it's a girl.:) if a boy id use the traditional C spelling.
  • Your spelling makes it able to go either way i think. I went to school with a boy named Camden.
  • Bump. Just to get a few more opinions. :) thanks guys.
  • I think the name goes either way & you can help it lean towards girl or boy depending on the spelling! :) I like names that go either way though so i really like it!
  • I think the name goes either way & you can help it lean towards girl or boy depending on the spelling! :) I like names that go either way though so i really like it!
  • I was going to say my initial thought was girl name.
  • I think it could be either gender. My boys are Jordan and Devan which can be either or :-)
  • I like your spelling for a girl. But, Camden is a horribly dilapidated city in new jersey just outside philly
  • I love it for a girl! Especially the way you are spelling it. We had a little girl in our daycare and her name was Kamryn....we all called her Kammi for short.
  • Its very cute for a girl and definitely a fitly spelling. She can go by Kamie for short.