Kid Ban...

edited July 2011 in Pregnant
Ok so I'm getting sick of places trying to ban kids! It's starting to piss me off!!! How rude and inconsiderate of people to go along with this dumb ass idea. Hell I feel like I should be able to take my kid where the hell I want. Especially if I'm paying taxes in that city or area! Ugh! The thought just grinds my gears! I mean yes some kids are effin unruly, but I guarantee mine won't be. Sheesh! If the kids are out of control, tell the parents!!! Don't just ban children. Daycare is expensive and who wants to put their kids in daycare just so they can run errands? So what are we supposed to ask family or friends to watch our kids for a couple of hours while we run errands? Hell some people don't like to just push their kids on everyone! If banning kids is the only solution can we as parents get a solution that helps us out when we need to run errands for a few hours. Like free daycare for those hours or something? My goodness!

Comments

• Where are they banning kids?
  • I haven't heard of this.... What business is banning kids?
  • I hear ya sweetie. ya, where are you? I am in Ohio and it's been on the news for a few weeks now. I understand how you feel. My hubby and I almost NEVER go out to eat, i mean we go out for about 2-3 times a year with the kids. but i have no problem telling them if they don't behave i will take them and leave. but i have never had to do that and they behave very well actually!
    on the other hand, they are business owners and they have that right to "ban" kids of all ages or of certain ages. :/
  • Do you mean the restaurants that have been making the news lately?
  • I wish movie theaters would ban selling tickets to people with kids for certain movies :-S
  • edited July 2011
    @Beautiful_Altar and @MikeandRonAdopt Malaysia banned babies from the first class cabins on the planes, In Pittsburgh and restaurant banned kids under 6, and this summer Whole Food Stores in Missouri are making kid free shopping hours so ppl without kids don't have to shop with parents and their kids.

@survivormommie3 I live in Texas. So far nobody here has started it, but I assume it's going to catch on. That is true, it is their right, but where the hell are the people who used to love kids. I know kids can be unruly, but damn banning them? That just makes it harder on us. :(
  • I totally agree with you!!! It pisses me off.
  • @mrs_shu Meeee too! I hate seeing little kids in horror movies. I'm always scared for them cause nightmares seem real when your little. :(
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ok the restaurant thing I understand depending on the restaurant..but grocery stores?? What are the supposed kid free hours? If its after work like 6-9 what about the parents who work have to pick kids up from daycare or school activities and then shop? I forsee grocery stores losing lots of money and business from that. Lets be honest a family spends helluva lot more money than single people or a couple.
  • @caffeinated_katie Unruly kids are the result of the parents. Yes there have been plently of times when I have gone places and the kids just run all over the place, but who's fault is that? When I take my niece who is one or my nephew who is now 10 out they know how to act. They are not the ones hanging on clothing racks or running up and down isles. I don't feel like everybody should be punished because of lack of parenting.
  • @addi3886 Yep, if it travels here I'll be screwed cause my kid has to go EVERYWHERE with me, lol.
  • @mrs_shu That's true. I'd just talk to the people with the unruly kids, lol. I'd tell them look lady if you can't control little Tommy, you can't shop here. The end! Lol idk. :-<
  • @beautifulone Good point! Ban little tommy and mommy not everyone! Lol
  • i agree, it's getting ridiculous. i had only heard of the restaurants, but grocery shopping?? wow! that's taking it too far. I agree with @mrs_shu if someone is a single working parent (even multi parents for that matter) what are they supposed to do when they get out of work, have to run here and there and then pack them up to go to the store?! craziness i tell you! there is only one store in our city that has a "club house" and you can put the kids in there...they can watch tv, play or play video games. and then they have tv's throughout the store so you can see your child and check on them. rather convenient! i don't understand why more stores don't do it if they don't want kids running rampant through the store!
  • I don't have any problems with restaurants banning kids. I have an extremely well behaved child and there are still restaurants that I don't think she needs to be at, and plenty of restaurants to choose from that allow kids. And actually, having a posted ban could be helpful, because there is nothing more annoying than trying a new restaurant with a small child and finding out there are no kid's sized portions, no changing tables, or no high chairs. If a restaurant isn't kid friendly, i'd like to know in advance. Groceriy stores on the otherhand, I don't see how banning kids will help their business. A family definitely buys more food than a single person and I'm not sure I've been annoyed by someone's kid in a grocery store.
  • @survivormommie3 where do you live that they have that in the store?????

@kristaf22 omg lol she probably walks in the kid section too wondering why all the clothes are small lol
  • @krista22 wow, really? That is stupid.. when I got to the hospital tomorrow imma complain there are too many sick people lol. J/k. But wow..

I don't agree with banning children. It is all in how they are raised and I do think that there should be kid sections and non kid section, but were in america where easier comes first. Prolly easier to ban children then actually accommodate them. Especially since most parents don't go out to eat that ofter. Ii believe if your kid is a pita (pain in the arse) and you get asked to leave for that people would get all sue happy saying they are being descriminated against or something and people are using the ban as a way to eliminate potential lawsuits.. just my opinion
  • I kinda understand where they're coming from but tell the parents don't ban the kids! It's not their fault that other parents can't control their damn kids
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @kristaf22 Lmao!! I would of told her to leave. Dummy! Who goes to a place for kids and complains. That's just ridiculous.

I do agree with both sides though. There are still plenty of places that kids can go. I just don't want people to get ban happy!
  • There's no banning here but we have a couple movie theaters that have a night a week that is for kids so parents can take their kids that night to see movies and no one can complain about loud kids or crying or anything. They have special snacks and such for the kids. Instead of banning kids why not designated a night or week for them and make is special so they want to go then...that way if anyone comes that night then they have no reason to complain about it being loud or whatever
  • @redhead25 That's a very good idea. People that don't have kids don't understand. I like that suggestion though. Parents would appreciate that.
  • We shouldn't be ban or accommodated! Having children is part of life! We are supposed to have kids. If you don't want kids then that's your choice. But I will not be ban for contributing to the circle of life. Does chuck e cheese say " if you dont have a kid ur ban until you get knocked up"? ...o you don't have kids? Don't go to toys r us. Ur ban!

This is ridiculous! Resturants and grocery stores are as much for children as they are for adults. I thought we got rid of discriminating against people!? Women can vote, African Americans are equal to everybody. Why are children all of a sudden lesser beings?
  • edited July 2011
    Right...it makes sense...pick your slowest night and make it a family night...from a business standpoint banning kids is horrible. I know if my kids were unwelcome, I would consider myself unwelcome also. I wouldn't be going there period. Most people have kids and probably have the same mentality as I do. I would say the best bet is to boycott the place.
  • @mrs_shu I completely agree with you on the banning kids for certain movies and its not bcuz they might scare them, I just hate when people take their noisy ass kids to a movie and all they do is talk. Or even worse when people take babies, wtf!!!!!! Seriously, what kind of crap runs thru a persons head when they decide to take a baby to a horror movie or any movie for that matter.
  • Unfortunately a few unruly parents spoil it for the responsible ones...I don't have a problem with adult restaurant banning kids...often they have no child friendly options and there are places that are not kid appropriate...like midnight showings :p there are people who chose not to have kids and I respect that...my hubby and I will get a sitter if we want to go out to eat anywhere that has a bar and is geared to adults (chilis, olive garden, etc)...I do think airlines should set aside flights for families...some people view these bans as having those who chose not to have kids pushing their choices on those who did but a screaming kid on a flight or a fancy restaurant could be viewed as the exact same thing...I dunno, doesn't bug me so much :/
  • I guess if I wasn't pregnant I'd just do a :-?? and keep it moving, but it does bother me. It kind of feels like we're being punished for having children when that is what we are supposed to do! Good thing about it is that no business that I like or even care about is considering this ban. Hopefully it doesn't catch on all over.