Are these contractions?

edited July 2011 in Pregnant
I dont really know what im feeling exactly... I need some help to figure out if these are contractions? Definite pain in my pelvis, like bad period cramps, but bearable. They have been coming and going for the past hour or so, hurts to walk. Mainly on my right side and baby is active. I feel her turning and shes been head down for my whole prego. Im 32+3 today... Help... Whats going on?

Comments

• I've been feeling the same way all day long. But im only 26 weeks. I feel a lot of pressure and period like cramps but not so bad I can't stand it. Walking makes them worse.
  • Bump
  • i would call or go in. it does sound like contractions
  • This is really bad and sucks completely... Sorry u feeling bad too... Hopefully someone will have an answer for us
  • Thanks for the advice... I havent started timing them yet... I have an appt with my doc tomorrow at 10... Hopefully I can last... Now its pain in my left side
  • no sweetie. if you are only 32 wks i would insist you call or go in. if you're in preterm labor you want to get in now. not to freak you out.
  • @survivormommie3 does contractions start out as bearable pain?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • If its something you're not used to feeling...you might wanna go and get that checked out! I started having contractions at 32 weeks and it was hard for me to even stand up.
  • @tootie08 how do you tell the difference between real contractions and braxton hicks
  • Thanks... U are right... I was just hoping it was braxton hicks and not anything more like preterm labor...
  • I've been the same too also with lots of rectal pressure. I went to my OB yesterday and he said its baby engaging into my birth canal. But I needed to be seen, I'm not dialating yet but he's at 0 station and I'm 50% effaced with a very thin ripe cervix. So I could go into labor very soon. I'm on bedrest til he's here cuz I'm 34 weeks, but he's measuring 3weeks ahead. I'd go get checked hun. Gl to u :)
  • yes it starts out bareable. in fact they can be happening and you wouldn't know. then eventually they grow closer together and stronger and more painful...or less bareable.
  • Thanks ladies... Jusr woke up from a nap and pain has subsided mostly. I am going to go get checked though. Thanks for the advice.
  • I feel allot of pressure in my vajaja its hell and stops me in my tracks and lasts like 30 secconds to a MIN I think its braxton hicks but if u feel these pains try to drink two big glasses of water take a warm bath and time them if u get more than 5 per hour u need to go to l&d best of luck hun
  • Let me know what happens I'm 33 weeks on Friday but measuring 3 weeks ahead and I have period like cramping n pain in my butt but its not really timetable it just feels like how u feel during your period.
  • I felt the period pain in my butt last night but I just had to poo sorry tmi
  • I went to the er and I was having contractions. They gave me medicine to stop them and fluids. I think I might be going back because im hurting again.