Doctor appt - due aug 22

edited July 2011 in August 2011
So I went to the doctor on Wednesday & my doctor told me I'm 1 1/2 centimeters dilated & 70% effaced. So I'm hoping she might come early!! I'm due august 22..! I have so much pressure on my pelvis! The doctor told ms she's definitely dropped & is head down! Do you think she'll come early??

Comments

• you could continue to dilate and still not have her by your due date or you could go next week. bodies are strange this way.
    with my second i was 4cm dilated and i effaced gradually throughout the entire month before i had him. he was only one week early.
  • @survivormommie3 - yeah I've heard it doesn't really matter how dilated you are...she's my first pregnancy so I'm not too sure what to expect. But thank you!
  • I'M DUE AUGUST 22ND TOO AND I WAS NOT DIALATED AT ALL AND I'M HOPING HE COMES EARLY BUT ITS SO NOT LOOKING LIKE IT
  • @preggointx - aww, we can be belly buddies! I'm just so tired of this heat! I live in Alabama so its pretty unbearable. I go back on Thursday for another check up, I'll post what he tells me!
  • Im due august 23rd...my doc has not done an exam on me to see if im dilated yet:/ I feel normal no signs of labor at all...
  • edited July 2011
    @Kennedymonroe11 - I just got checked at my 36 week appt (ill be 37wks on monday) so your doctor should check you soon!! You have to get your strepb test done anyways, but I'm sure you could ask!! I have braxton Hicks SO bad. So you're lucky you have no signs...some women don't until labor.
  • I live in Texas and today was the first barable day in a while....I go back to the doc Friday I hope he will check me again
  • @Preggointx - I hope he does! Let me know what he says if he does!!
  • @kennedymonroe11 do you kno wen u conceived??
  • edited July 2011
    @paitentlywaiting - November 29th

Oh sorry, that's when I did. I didn't see who you where talking to. My bad.
  • edited July 2011
    I'm due August 22nd to. =) I went to my appointment on Thursday and I was dilated to a 3! I hope she comes early. She is also really low the doctor told me. I'm so miserable and have so much pressure down there. I am always having to get up to pee and its hard for me to sleep now. =( This morning I walked 2 miles. hopefully that will speed things up a bit. =)
  • I'm due august 22nd too and they havnt even checked me. I have contractions all the time and pressure but I guess they figure it doesn't matter. :( I cannot wait until he is here. 23 more days!!!!
  • edited July 2011
    @Sarah_angel1234 & @lisamarie - ugh yes! Not too much longer!! Both of yall keep me updated! What are yall having? & what's the name you have picked out?
  • I'm having a baby boy and he is being named after his father, Reymundo IV but Rey for short.
  • So hate you right now. I'm due Aug 23rd and nothing! I feel like he's never going to come out. Lol
  • @lisamarie - aww how sweet :)

@YAYA- haha! You're lucky!! I don't sleep at all anymore. my bh contractions are ridiculous & I feel like I'm holding 20lb weights between my legs! As for the dilatation stuff...I could not even have her on the 22, I might be later. But I'm with you! I feel like she'll never be here!!
  • Lol its like he's enjoying all the junk that he can because when he comes out its nothing but milk lol
  • @YAYA- yes! Haha so true. What are you naming him?!
  • Mister after his Daddy.
    What are you naming your little girl?
  • @YAYA- we're naming her Lilah :) (lie-la)

@August22baby - aww! Yes! I hope he lets you! That would be perfect! Boy or girl??
  • Omg! That's really pretty! That's actually like the first girl name that has stood out and I really liked. Way to go Mommy and Daddy lol.

August22baby I'm jealous of you too. Why can't I be dilated at all? If I pass my due date I swear I'll cry. Lol
  • edited July 2011
    @YAYA - thank you!! Yeah we didn't want something totally off the wall, and crazy spelling. Just something sweet & girly. But if I pass my due date I think I'll cry too!

@august22baby - ohh! I love that!
  • I don't even want to think about passing Aug 23rd, just thinking about it is giving me hives. Lol
  • @YAYA - Oh I know! I'm so ready to have her now! One more day now until we've made it to August!! It'll be here sooner than you know! But this definitely has been a lonnnnng 9 months lol
  • It really has! It feels more like a year than 9 months. But we've made it this far so I guess we can go another 20 or so days.
  • @YAYA - yes..this might be TMI but I just woke up from sleeping to pee. Definitely will not miss this! But I know she'll be worth it. You're right though! It feels like its been a year!
  • edited July 2011
    This has nothing to do with your post but...your name is spelled just like mine! It only has one L. Lol. Sry its not very common to me.
  • No, I feel like once I finally get comfortable to go to sleep I have to pee then it takes me another 25mins to get comfortable again then I'm sleep for like 30-45mins and have to pee again. So wont miss this!! Lol.
  • I was due august , 17th and had him july 17th. Trust me you don't want baby to come to early, the worst feeling in the world is when they say you are going home today but baby can't go with you, I cried so hard when they wheeled me to the car with empty arms. But my boy was strong and only stayed 3 extra days.
  • @mimibrowneyez36 - haha! Yeah its very uncommon to see it spelled like that! People always ask me why lol my first name is Kendal, with only one L so its Kendal Michele. Guess my mom didn't like L's lol

@YAYA- UGH yes! Then when you do think you're comfortable your back starts to hurt or you get cramps everywhere! My doctor told me its suggested not to get pregnant within the next year after I have her cause my body needs rest, I didn't believe him until my third trimester! Haha my body is definitely in overload.

@Eeyore- I'm sorry :( yeah, I'm not wishing her to come before she's fully developed or anything...I think I'm just so anxious to finally meet her!