when do you get checked for the first time?

edited July 2011 in Third Trimester
I go to the Dr on Tuesday and ill be 34 weeks. I was wondering if anything exciting happens at this appointment. Like do they check to see if I'm thined out or dialated at all. Also, after this appointment, do I go every week??

Comments

• Bump* id like to know as well
  • I asked my dr and she said not until 37 weeks. I think weekly appts start at 36 weeks.
  • It just.depends on the doc. I think protocol now a days is to not check unless there is medical reason to do so because it can cause preterm labor and infection. But, I think the only time I was checked was when I was in preterm labor from 33-35 weeks, then again at 36 and 37 weeks. The only reason I was checked was because I was contracting and had to be put on Trebutaline to stop labor.

I think its at 36 or 37 weeks you start going every week, I don't remember because I was going twice a week starting at 26 weeks due to being extremely high risk.
  • I'm gonna be checked on Tuesday @ 32 wks...but I'm having twins. Full term for twins is considered 37 weeks...but with a single baby I think some doctors check @ 37-38?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My dr didn't until 36 weeks!
  • I am getting checked wednesday. I will be 36 wks next saturday but I am measuring ahead :-)
  • Thanks ladies!
  • I asked my doctor to check me I was 34 weeks
  • I got checked @ 33wks
  • I started getting checked every week when I hit 36 weeeks. I'm assuming that's prob when u will but u can always ask them to
  • I just had my 32 week appt, the doc checked me only becuz I was having some contractions the day before... But I think it starts at 36.
  • I GOT CHECKED AT 35W SO I GUESS IT JUS DEPENDS ON UR DR