Dads at the shower?

edited August 2011 in Baby showers
I was wondering if you think its weird I want to be at the baby shower to see what everyone gets us and watch the games and stuff.

Comments

• Mine were and will b Co ed kids allowed too....men doing some of the games crack me up! My hubby n his Co workers daughter r actually throwing it for me because I gave up Lol so its not weird at all
  • Not weird at all! You're just as much a part of it as she is...My fiance was there :) Personally i think its weird if dad's not there, (unless circumstances are different between the 2)..That's understandable
  • My husbands and the husbands will all be there
    Poppin in and out of course. Lol. They want to play videogames in the apartment
  • I'm having a both gender baby shower. So I'm having guys and girls invited. Can't have an all girl shower too much estrogen. Lol
  • That's awesome that you want to be there. My husband and his friends went to ours. I agree that the Dad to be should be just as involved as the mom to be.
  • My husband was ...he said hello to everyone as they came in and helped me open gifts cuz I was so swollen and had lost feeling im my hands! Then thanked everyone at the end...made it alot easier and less pressure on me....especially cuz it was both sides of the family and some of his I don't know well!!
  • We are doing a co-ed shower. I mean our lil girl wouldn't be on her way without him lol
  • Mine will be co-ed too and almost all showers that I have been to, the father was there :)
  • Mine was co ed and everyone had a blast. Both of our dads even attended. Actually bd friends were very generous as being men they were so unsure of what to get they went overboard lol
  • I think its awesome you want to be there! We did a coed shower as well and it was great. We have mutual friends so if it was just girls it would have been very small! We just did a bbq it was pretty much a normal party except for the gifts, cake, and the diaper raffle!
  • Not weird at.all! I well kick my hubs butt if he doesn't go
  • I just had mine and my husband was there. Other than one of my gay friends he was the only other male. I don't think its weird at all. It was actually nice because I felt more comfortable around his extended family.
  • nope my husband was at my first 3 baby showers for my other kids. With this one he wont be there because he has to work
  • Mine is girls only, but my bd wants to be there too, even if he's the only guy. Its definitely not weird. :)
  • Its awesome that you wanna be there!! I wanted my hubby to be there, he was there for a couple of games then left :( I wanted me and him to open gifts and thank people but I did it alone :(
  • My fiance was there and he helped me open presents. I wanted him there, not really too comfortable at his grandparent house even though weve been together for almost 5years. He had his best friend come too.its not weird. My family or his didnt think he should be there but I wanted him there.
  • It's not my kind of thing but I know a lot of people that have their man there or even do guy & girl showers!! It's a lot more common now a days
  • I want mine coed too
  • My bf just asked if he was allowed and I told him I want a co ed shower...I'm just not sure how to entertain the guys besides doing it during a football game was the only thing I could think of...any suggestions?
  • We just had ours..it was Co ed. Its his baby too and his gifts as well! ;)

We raced to see who could diaper and dress a stuffed animal the fastest blind folded. It was so much fun.

We also had our hands handcuffed together and had to put items in order by cost amount..both having to have a hand on the item.

I say go for it! Its fun!!
  • Mine will be coed.
  • I think MOST baby showers are coed nowadays anyway :-) Mine was & the guys had fun lol. My Mom & aunts picked out "boy prizes" like mini things for cars lol. My BF had fun!
  • mine doesnt want to go.... :( he says its jsut for women but my one of my good friends and his gf whos also a good friend will be there and one of my moms friends as a couple will be there theyre like grandparents to me so i tol him that and he still doesnt want to go. hes been to all of my appts anything i need to do related to the baby hes there. why is not wanting to come? does he really think theres a protocol??