5 days for a csec????!!!

edited August 2011 in Giving birth
So someone told me today that the mandatory time after a csec is 5 days in hospital, and I think that's nuts!! I thought it was like 3!
Anyone had one and how long did you stay in?
I have a csec scheduled for Tuesday......

Comments

• I think it depends but I'm not sure. I had my daughter via csection on a Tuesday and was released Saturday morning.
  • Probably depends on your hospitals policy
  • I think I will cry if I have to stay that long. I really wanted to be out by Thursday afternoon......I scheduled for 1030 am
  • 10 yrs ago I went in on tues for scheduled csection and released Saturday. I was told to expect 4 nights w/ thisone too. :)
  • Mine was three here in tx but they approved me for five my doc asked me if I wanted to stay longer but I said no.
  • I am in UK. Got told 5-7 days is the norm but its only really that long if there are problems, if the woman is struggling with getting around (its better to get up and moving straight away) or if there isn't much of a support network at home to help mum out. I had my section wed am and was released Fri afternoon!
  • My two we're 4days my first was almost 5because I couldn't use the bathroom n u have to before they will release you....everyone is different tho ive seen sum out at 3days depends on how well everyone is doing....I want to stay 4 days Lol gives more time to heel
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I had my c-section on a Tuesday and was discharged Friday afternoon. 4 days, 3 nights.
  • I was in for 5 days only because I had complications.
  • I was told at the hospital tour insurance companies have to give you 4 days but if there's no complications it can be 3...longer if there is complications.
  • First two I was out in 3 and with my 3rd out in 2.
  • it depends on the hospital and insurance
  • I went in tuesday morning and left thursday before noon. My insurance pays for two nurse home visits so she took my staples out friday and checked my sons jaundice level at home :)
  • They told me 3-4 days. I have my csection scheduled for Monday the 8th.
  • Thank you ladies, you've. Been sooo helpful! I'm hoping there are no complications! :)
  • With my son I had him at 7 at night on Friday and left noon Sunday. And I just had my daughter at a different hospital and I had her 4 o clock Sunday and left Tuesday morning
  • Ours is a 3 nite policy
  • @due_in_july csec right? This gives me hope! Lol
  • I will be having my 3rd csection Oct 6. I have always had to stay 5 days
  • as long as nothing went wrong i have only had to stay 3 days. ive had 4.
  • Yes both c sections
  • My hospital keeps you for 3 days if you deliver vaginally... and 6 days if you get a C section mandatorily.
  • i stayed for 3 days after the c section but i was in there for 4 days before my son was born...
  • I had my daughter Wednesday early morning came home Saturday. They wanted me to have a bm or at least pass gas before I could go home