diaper rash

edited August 2011 in Babies
My Lil man has diaper rash so bad on his bum that its starting to get skabby. We have been putting diaper rash cream in him but it wasn't working so I went and got desitin and have started using that. Today. Does anyone have any other ideas of how to get rid of this? My Lil man is pooping A LOT! and we Chang him immediately so I'm Not sure what else to do.

Comments

• Antibotic cream(like neosporin) then butt paste on top of that! My little man just had the same issue!
  • I only use Boudreauxs butt paste works great!
  • Thanks ladies ill be trying both! I feel so bad for him it Just looks so painful.
  • my kids have very sensitive skin and they would bleed their rashes got so bad even with constant diaper changes. Only one that helped was the butt paste. good luck I hope he gets some relief :)
  • i love the A&D diaper rash medicine it has antibiotics in it and i love the consistancy.. its easy to clean off when changing.. i think its better than butt paste and desitine.. ive tryed both.. butt paste i find is too sticky and hard to clean and the desitine,as well as the avveno brand dont work as quickly.. i will never use anyting else again..
  • NEOSPORIN!!!! IT WORKS BETTER THAN DIAPER CREAM. HAHAHA! ALSO VASELINE!
  • I like the Destin. But dont forget some powder to soak up some of that moisture.
  • @lae3 wow really? A&d didn't help my kids at all I tried every brand only thing that worked with my kids was butt paste and was cleared up within a day. Every baby is different :)
  • @adensmommy0803 i do what pnsw524 says. i babysit my niece for a living and my MIL suggested it when she got really bad diaper rash. i put the neosporin on her, then the diaper rash cream and by the next morning it was already looking a lot better.
  • edited August 2011
    if it gets that bad go ahead and put on beudrex's butt cream, then over that put vaseline- this way it will not come in contact with that area- hopefully.
  • Is your baby formula fed? I'm breastfeeding and haven't had any rash issues.
  • @bigmamak well their diaper rash ointment not their regular ointment.. i didnt even know it exsisted till this last couple of months when my son got a rash that blistered with in two diaper changes.. i was ussing butt paste and it didnt work.. you know what i think it is.. we all have different body chemistry .. so we just have to try and find the one that works with our own bodies.. cause i used desitine on my first and it worked great.. hmnmmm ..i convinced its body chemistry actually :O
  • Thanks ladies! Ill keep trying ur ideas till I find one that works for him. I did the neosporin and desitin on this last diaper change.

@salsabia - my milks not coming in very well so I've been mixing my milk with formula. I'm hoping to eventually be able to do my milk only. He's 7 days old today and my Dr just keeps telling me to give it time and my milk will come in better but I'm beginning to not believe her.
  • how often are you pumping?
  • @salsabia - every 2 to 3 hours when I can sometimes its longer.
  • Can't believe no one said pure cornstarch!! Instead of baby powder sprinkle cornstarch when you change his diaper it works almost immediately!!
  • Thats good. Try not to go too long without pumping. Hold baby naked against your chest. I pumped for over 4 weeks while Ava was in nicu. Didn't make much at first but it eventually picked up. I set my alarm and did it every 3 hours
  • @salsabia maybe I should do that. I'm only getting 1/2 to 3/4 of an ounce per side when I pump. I'm determined to not give up but at the same time its discouraging to see him eat more and more every day and I'm producing the same amount so he gets more and more formula.