what would you do?

edited August 2011 in Pregnant
So my friend had her baby in April at 26weeks! She is home now and her due date was last Friday but of course she is still tiny. Well I came over to hang out and we decided to go to the mall. When we got in my car she got in the back with the car seat but didn't strap it in. I asked her and she said she was just going to hold the car seat. I was in shock because I couldn't see myself being okay with just holding it I would strap it in no matter how inconvenient. I just thought that was strange, but everyone is different.

Comments

• No I would strap it in. I can understand sitting in the back with the baby still maybe but deff would strap it in
  • Oh no why didnt she strap? I wuda.made her ass strap that car seat.....im too panicky wit babies
  • I'm betting everyone would strap it in, just seems careless not to if you are capable.
  • edited August 2011
    First off its illegal to not strap it in. 2nd that is highly irresponsible & not safe for the baby!!

It's not my place to judge but I could never do it & I could never let someone ride in my car without strapping their kid in!
  • If there had been a wreck she wouldn't have been able to hold the car seat, it would have gone flying.
  • @Fashion_Junky91 I feel like I should have made her! But I know I couldn't let that happen again since its still bothering me it was a short 5 min drive but anything could happen.
  • I would think u would b responsible b/c ur the owner n driver of the car for everyone n ur vehicle so I would've just did it myself n let her know ur just tryn to put safety first
  • If it was my car and me driving (or my hubby too) I would be like strap that baby in or get out. Im a freak on seatbelting though. I tighten all the carseats/shoulder belts after people put them in. That would be a major no-no for me!!
  • I know it must make me the worst person in the world for not making her :'(
  • Rule in my car isi do not take the car out of park until everyone is strapped in. That goes double for babies and kids
  • i wouldve told her " im not driving until you strap the baby in all the way"
  • i wouldnt be so ignorant..as some but i see babys bouncing around toddlers standing up and not in careseats all the time.. its nuts.. and it pisses me off all the time.. i go by weight and hieght .. i made my poor son sit in a booster till he hit the 60lb mark.. at around 8yrs old he always complained.. but id rather be safe than sorry.. what the hell is she gonna do if you got in a huge wrek.. my lil sis tryed to put my niece who was a toddler in my car without a seat.. i said hell no!!!! and i would have made my friend buckle the baby up .. and told her i couldnt live with myself if we got in an accident and the lil one died.. which is exactly what would happen..