sleepin on your belly..?

edited February 2011 in Sleep
22 weeks and i have been wantin to sleep on my tummy so bad because before i was pregnant tat was the only way i could fall asleep. I'v heard tat its really bad for the baby but other people have said it doesnt really matter..

Comments

• my sister in law slept on her belly during all 4 pregnacies. Her dr said it was ok.
  • I think as long as your not hurting or in any pain then it should b fine. baby is protected in its own sack....but u should ask Doc just in case.
  • I'm 29 weeks and I still lay on my belly but if my baby start moving weird I roll onto my side. I only lay on my tummy for short amounts. With my first baby I couldn't lay on my tummy cause I was way to uncomfortable. I would ask the Dr just encased.
  • Oh also put a pillow sorta under your tummy to help comfort it
  • I surround myself with pillows ..sleepin on my side sucks and everyone keeps scaring me to dealth about layin on my belly n my doc told me NOT TO ..so i invested in a body pillow and lay on my side with that inbetween my legs and a pillow behind me n under me lol ...Still sucks cuz u get leg cramps but better safe than sorry :-) ( Pillow fort!!!) ;))
  • I have always hated laying on my stomach...as a kid at the babysitters we would watch tv and we would all be on the floor on our stomachs and I hated it. I would watch tv upside down and lay on my back...but bow that I am pregnant I feel so comfortable on stomach...I am scared that in the middle of the night I roll over on my stomach and sleep like that all night....
  • Laying on your stomach is perfectly fine.. if the baby is uncomfortable, he/she will let you know.