my roomate wants.nothing to do with her newborn!!

My roomates mom just informed me that she isnt bonding with the baby and she doesnt want to feed her when it comes to feeding time. Nor does she feel like holding her bundle of joy. How can I help her?? She comes home from the hospita tomorrow.

Comments

• I really dont know but bump so that someone else maybe could answer your ? I hope all is well. Maybe @homebirthadvocate can help.
  • maybe she's nervous and doesn't KNOW how to do anything. it could be a range of things. has she ever discussed adoption before? maybe she has been contemplating it and doesnt want to bond if that's what she decides. or maybe she's scared. I know of a friend who didn't bond with her baby for months because she didn't want to screw the baby up, like her dad and mom did with her- but then she saw that SHE was already do it herself.
    i would say ask her how she feels and you would love to show (or maybe learn with her) how to care for the baby.
  • Sorry she's having difficulty. :( I'm afraid of that happening to me. Has she talked to her Dr?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Sounds like postpartum to me my mother in law went through it. I agree with FirstTimeMommyToBe have her or her mom talk to her doctor
  • I find out today after work how she is doing and if shes comming home today or not. I really hope so. How long does postpartum last?
  • sounds like she may be feeling pressured maybe u should 2alk to her yourself. it may be depression or exhaustion. if she has depression she gotta see gp n be referred onto further.care anyway I hope everything gets better xx
  • That is sad. Sounds like the best thing you can do is let her know that you're there for her for whatever she may need....
  • My roomate is now home! Although she doesnt look happy at all. I told her bf to let her know that I am always here for her if she needs a hand considering he is going back to work on monday. Hopefully she accepts my offer.
  • if she wasn't excited during her pregnancy then I would assume this baby may be a nuisance in her eyes :( she needs to talk to someone.
  • Im not sure what her full story is.. I know that she wasnt expecting her baby.. but she was excited to get it out of her... i would like to talk to her more, but i dont want her to know I know whats going on. :S
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.