I'm going to have my lil girl on Thursday!! Update!! 7pm

edited August 2011 in Labor
I'm not due til the 17th, however I've got 1 big girl over 9 lbs now! Dr said she is still pretty high so he wants to go ahead & induce me & plan in the back of my mind for a c section, he told me if we wait rik next week she is only going to get bigger, but doesn't see her dropping. I'm totally excited because she is heavy & I'm miserable! Totally nervous though now that I know its coming! I'm.a ftm, so don't know what to expect. Anyone have any words of encouragement? I will be sure to give updates. I go in wed at 6 pm for the cervadil & then they will start pitocin thursday am, dr said we should have a baby by dinner time Thursday!

Comments

• Awesome! Have a safe delivery :)
  • Wonderful news!!! wishing u a wonderful delivery!!!
  • good luck! %%-
  • Thanks ladies! Totally excited, yet nervous! I dont like hospitals at all, I have pretty bad anxiety... So we will see. Can't wait to meet my lil angel & not be preggo anymore, just terrified of the pain
  • I'm scared too gurl! I'm a ftm as well. Good luck and know your deff not alone!
  • @dueinaugust 11 I'm glad to know I'm not the only one! When are you due? I am still trying to figure out if its better knowing when its time or going into it blind! They're are pros & cons to both!
  • 48 hours til my baby girl is here! So excited but nervous,, going to spend the day relaxing/napping & then clean the house tonight.
  • Jealous!! I have 5 weeks til my due date! Im going to try to encourage him to come out in 2-3 :) once im off work, all I'm gonna do is walk, seduce bd, and do squats.. oh and vacuum everyday and sleep! Im packing the hospital bag this weekend, im determined to convince this kid that he wants mama to hold him! Although, I will completely miss him growing inside of me :(
  • @lilpeapod913, lol trust me your time will come! The last week or 2 is the worst! I tried all the natural inducers to..lol nothing. I'm so excited the end is near but also scared. I hope I have a easy labor! I'm so excited to finally meet my lil princess.
  • So got to hospital around 630 pm, took about a hour to finish paperwork, take blood, start iv & all of that. Then the nurse (very young) checked my cervix, ouch she was bad, (still only a fingertip) she then inserted the cervadil. That was painful, I thought I was going to climb off the hospital bed. Lol! I am such a weenie not sure how im going to get through this ! They gave me a ambien to sleep with, just not working with my nerves. So we will see what happens next, pitocin early & they will increase the amount gradually. Will keep ya posted. Need all the help & support I can get.
  • edited August 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Good luck.
  • @miami_of_2, wow your mom was.something else! Hoping for quick & PAINLESS HERE. Nurse just came in checked my.bp (fine) baby's hr (strong 155 she's a girl) still period like cramping but won't get checked for dilation for about 3 1/2 hours. That's also when the pitocin will start to ease its way in. will update again after that begins & I see my dr.
  • Lol @ weenie. :P Good luck mama!
  • Omg! Good luck :) I hope she comes soon and you have a smooth delivery! You can do it! No need for c/sec ;) keep us updated
  • Good luck girl. I'm sure you can handle it. If your going naturaal remember to breathe through your contractions. I used deep breathing and thinking about something else.. some people also like a focal point so they have something that they can focus on while they breathe. If your going to get an epidural, when the contractions become uncomfortable and your far enough dialated I would recommened getting it then so that way your not trying to get stabbed in the back through a painful contraction, plus they are more effectivee then waiting til the last minute. Also they can give you nubain to take some of the edge off, but it makes you kind of loopy (I have low pain med tolerence so I felt drrunk lol.) I wish you the absolute best of labors and after you push the head out it gets better! Then you'll be holding your precious baby girl and forget everything! *hugs* can't wait for updates and pics!
  • Thanks ladies, the advice really helps B-) my.dr should be here in about a hour so hopefully I will know more about my progress then. I am for sure getting the epidural! So I will remember to ask for it once it is uncomfortable but not unbearable so I can not worry about my back killing me. I will try to update as much as I can.
  • Just got checked only 1 cm, 50 effaced. Long day ahead! On nubain for contractions
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Good luck! You'll do great! Keep us updated!
  • Push her out, push her put, waaaayyyy out!
  • So my pitocin is at a 12, I'm.having steady contractions but just not having avy change with my cervix. Dr will be back by 5, to check me again. If this doesn't work they may let me break this evening & try again tomorrow, or opt for the c section since she is not able to move much due to her size. Idk I just want her in my arms & I want some good grrrr
  • Food I mean , darn drugs
  • So its 7pm, having a c section baby is to big for pelvis. Wish me luck
  • Good luck!!!
  • @tlg81 Good luck mama!
  • Good luck girl
  • Good luck :-)))
  • Congrats! I read in the other thread she was 8ibs 6oz? My son was a week early too and he was 8ibs 12.7oz and I was induced and also ended up with a c section. Have a safe recovery!
  • Omg girl is baby here??? Update!