My body is pretty much poisoning my baby & there's NOTHING i can do about it :( *UPDATE in post

I have Cholestasis (my liver produces too much bile acids- which break down fats- causing me to itch A LOT) To me, it's harmless. Yeah, I itch, but it's nothing major. But, it's basically poisoning my baby girl. At 35 weeks (I'm 37+1) the chances for having a stillborn are double what they would normally be because of the Cholestasis. So, I sit back and scratch while not knowing if I'll ever be able to watch her breate while she's asleep, see her tiny hand wrapped around my finger, or hear her cry. My body is posioning my baby, AND I CAN'T DO ANYTHING! :( I'm an emotional, nervous wreck! I'm supposed to protect her, but I'm damn near killing her! How the hell am I supposed to go on with this until my doctor's appointment Friday? How am I supposed to go on ONE more day knowing about this?!? :( I don't know what to do with myself. I'm so scared for my baby! :( I just want to know she's safe!

*Update*
Yesterday was HORRIBLE, to say the least. I had to go do bloodwork @ 8 AM, which means I would have to leave the house about 7. But, I was still awake at 6 because I was super itchy & on edge, so I was running off of NO sleep. We left, did the blood work, and came home. At that point, I was EXHAUSTED, so my plan was to take a Zyrtec to knock my ass out, but I was SO itchy that I couldn't stop scratching long enough to fall asleep, even after taking Zyrtec. So, my fianceé runs me a cold bath.. no help. I was seriously freaking out because I was so itchy at that point, I could've taken a cheese grater(sp) to my skin. I was exhausted, itchy, crying, just straight up miserable. My fianceé tried to call my doctor's office, because I was so worked up I couldn't complete a sentence. He told the nurse at the front desk that it was urgent & he needed to speak with the doctor immediately. So, they send him to a voicemail.. three different times. He got pissed & told me we were going to L&D. We told them I hadn't felt the baby move & how itchy I was (I didn't even have to tell them, they obviously saw me ripping my skin off). I tried my hardest, pulled myself together, & explained I have Chloestasis. Here's where it gets ugly.. One dumbass nurse is going to tell me my gallbadder wouldn't cause me to itch.. 8-| I explained what Chloestasis of Pregnancy is, and exactly what happens. She's convinced I'm an idiot, but I really didn't give a flip because she was only triage & most (not all, but most) triage nurses are asses. So, I get upstairs & explain again what's going on. The L&D nurse tells me, itching is normal (she's saying this as my fianceé is wiping blood off my legs & feet), it's harmless to baby, just aggravating. I'd had ENOUGH at that point. I said "If it's so f*cking "harmless" why the f*ck is there so many infant deaths because of it? Just because YOU have some kind of nursing degree doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about." I pulled all kinda info up on my phone & showed it to her. She didn't say sh*t. Put me on the monitor for 30 minutes & sent me home.. still itching. When we got back to the house, my doctor returned my call & I explain AGAIN what was going on. He said we really can't so anything until my blood work comes back (which will be today), told me to try a couple of things, & call back if they didn't put me to sleep. Thankfully, I got to the point of exhaustion where I was going to sleep if it liked it or not. :-< Yesterday was HORRIBLE! So, today I'm anxiously awaiting my test results, which will be in about 2 PM CST.

Comments

• Hun I kno ur a wreck right now but u have to calm down. Stress is no good for the baby either. Friday is right around the corner and u can get all ur questions in the air.

Is it possible that they induce you early?
  • Why wouldn't the doctor want to take the baby early because of this? Has the doctor mentioned taking her early?
  • So sorry about that! I hope she's fine! But y wont your Dr go ahead and induce u?
  • Omg I feel so bad hope baby b ok ...they should induce u before it gets worst for the baby u should ask ur Dr.
  • It seems like they should be inducing you if only as a preventative measure. The baby would be considered viable now.
  • Double the still born rate is still small. I know its scary but I'm sure your doctors would induce you if the felt it was too dangerous. Hang in there mama soon enought you will be telling your baby about all the itchyness.
  • They're supposed to induce early because of this, but I don't know what his plans are until Friday. I mean, yeah, it's like right there, but it seems soo far away! :(
    @mommy_2
    @1stwoodsbaby
    @fashion_junky91
  • I am soooo sorry to hear this. They haven't talked about induction it seems that if your body is posioning her that she could possibly have a better chance on the outside than inside. I pray she is ok and that everything works it self out!
  • I'm sorry that must be a horrible feeling. I don't know what I would do either. =\
  • I'm so sorry that you have to deal with this! The best solution is to always stay positive. Also, if you do believe in God, trust Him. He has a plan and will be with you every step of the way - no matter what happens ♥ Good luck!
  • Oh boy now I see y u all over the placeee mmhmmm keep us updated hun I surely and pray for the best !
  • That's very scary and I'm sorry you have to go through that. Try not to panic or get upset, its not good for the baby. Just breath and pray!<3 Take care and keep us posted. I'll keep you in mind. In my heart I know you'll do great!
  • Stay off google!! it makes things like thid 100% worse. Take a cool bath and try to destress yourself. ((hugs))
  • @jaime77 Oh, no. No Google! I already learned my lesson about that a long time ago. I guess it just all kinda hit me at once about what can really happen.
  • Oh ok..i hate google!! I hope u get good news friday!!
  • Im sorry to hear this! I just told my bf that I feel like bugs are in my skin..now im freaking out... what were the symptoms? Where r u itchy?
  • I have the same thing n im only 25 weeks so I understand how u feel I lay down a lot just to make sure I can feel it moving:/ but the dr. tld me im getting induced early so u prob are to which is what theyll talk to u in fri prob they just want to wait as much as they can to make sure the lungs develop properly I have to be at the drs every tues. On monitors to monitor my baby so my heart goes out to u just keep thinking positive n everything will b ok just monitor the babiesmovement n ull b fine *hugs*
  • @lilpeapod913
    for me im all itchy evrywhere but its like n extreme itch u cnt handle I also get pains sometimes in my stomach
  • @lilpeapod913 It's different for everyone, but for me I have absolute intolerable itching on the soles&tops of my feet, ankels, palms of my hands, and wrists. Nothing will help. No lotions, medicines like Benadryl or Zyrtec, nothing. To me, it feels like I got into insulation or fiber glass. There's like 2 or 3 more symptoms- like dark urine, light colored bowel, or jaundice, which is yellowing of the skin or eyes- but most people only have the itching. If you think you have it, bring it up to your doc. All it takes is some simple blood work to diagnose. Believe me, if you have it, you'll know. You will not be able to stop itching & it will get a billion times worse at night. I hope you don't have it! %%-
    @xsuzy21x I'm 37 weeks, which is medically considered full term, and she's measuring 2+ weeks ahead. She's definately able to survive outside of the womb with no problems. The thing is waiting to see what the doctor's gonna do. I have to go in at 8 AM tomorrow to do some more blood work, and if possible, I'm going to try to have a quick chat with him about induction. If not, it'll have to be discussed on Friday.
  • @everyone Thanks so much for all the support & encouragement. It's a really tough time right now, but I'm TRYING to stay as positive & level headed as possible for the baby's sake. All I can do now is wait.
  • Can they move your appt up at all? I hope you get to talk to your doc tomorrow! *hugs*
  • @misskristin Friday was the earliest appointment they had open. This doctor is really good about booking his appointments where he can actually spend time with the patients & their individual cases, so I really can't knock him. It's just inconvient for my situation.
  • Please keep us updated. You and baby girl are in my prayers. I'm so sorry you are going through this. <3
  • Don't worry hun everything will be ok I'll be praying for both of you. Keep us updated please
  • Tag me too and let me know good luck Hun I'm praying
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thank you all so much for your prayers! It means more than you can imagine!
    @MrsG
    @mommaof22b
    @paliguz
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It sounds silly, but maybe try going to labor and delivery and say that you're concerned about decreased fetal movements or something...maybe doc will say enough and induce that day! Just a thought ;)