do you think working causes preterm labor?

edited August 2011 in Giving birth
Ok so I am 36 weeks and even keeps telling me that I will go anytime now. They are assuming this because I am so active at work. I only work like 23 hours a week but serving where I do is a good workout. Or I don't know if people just think 36 weeks is close enough it could happen? I think he needs a bit more time still and I don't know what to do when people look at me thinking I am just gonna start leaking everywhere. I can't tell you how many times people have made rude comments about my water breaking. Ok so end rant thanks for reading haha I guess I am just freaking out cause I thought I had a month left and now 3 weeks and 6 days seems so much closer. To my orignal question do you think being active is gonna make baby come early??

Comments

• Workin can contribute to preterm labor. I worked at a zoo untill 30 eeeks. I was stressed as well and it caused preterm labor. I say on how u deal with stress and how stressful the job is.
  • I dont think earlier really but will def make labor smoother
  • Yea alot of ppl tell me that I wont make it til my due date also because I work.
  • I just got fired. No worries! :ar!
  • @blueberrysmom I saw I am sorry on to bigger and better things!
    @mimii36 isn't it rude to say that someone like oh I bet you will have a preemie! Its an awful thing to tell a preggo. What do you do?
    @cetheridge that's what I'am hopin for my doctor is thrilled and wants me to keep working as long as I can she is stoked about it so I guess no one elses opinons should matter. I feel great!
    @fashion_junky91 I didn't even think about the stress. That's a really good point. It makes me feel better since I am so slow and huge I don't take more than I can handle and I stay way calmer than I used to.
  • Thanks, hun!
  • Lol. Well they dont really say its gonna be a preemie so it doesnt bother me. They just assume I wont make it to my due date..which doesnt really mean preterm labor. I mean but if they acted like I was about to give birth any minute & im only 26 weeks then I would be very offended!
  • I don't think so, people are exaggerating. If anything it depends on the type of job I guess. I am working till the end but I have an office job.
  • Yea stress at.work or around will cause the preterm. And when ur stressin to the point of panic attacks I had one this.prenancy its no joke.i couldnt breathe for nothin! But.work until u can no more dont overload take ur time stay hydrated and calm things will fly smoothly
  • I was a department manager in a retail store last time, so I worked 40 hrs on my feet, pulling pallets and climbing ladders and I had to be induced. I never got contractions or dilated naturally, so I don't think working causes you to go into labor. I do, however, think it makes your labor easier and helps you gain less weight.

People most likely think they are being funny, because you're so close to your due date. I highly doubt they realize they are upsetting you.
  • being active is healthy for you and your baby! unless you are doing strenuous activities it won't put you any closer to "popping" as laying in bed would.
  • Thanks ladies I am being overly emotinal I am sure people don't realize how things sound.
    @blueberrysmom :-j
    @mimii36 people don't say quite that bad thanks goodness I just taking everything so up the butt since I am a hot mess of horomones.
    @excitedforoctober I am glad I am not the only one working til I pop! I want my time off with baby not running around my apartment nesting.
    @laura536 your comment makes me feel better and worse! I am glad I am not not the only one who still has/had a physical job. I am thankful I still can work and am having a healthy pregnacy But even after all your hard work you had to be induced? I am kinda hoping all this work makes it super quick and easy and on time. I wish it had helped with weight I still gained 40 lbs:(
    @survivormommie3 that's all I want a healthy lil baby. Someone told me something nice too that's since I am always happy and in such a good mood my baby would be happy too.
  • @blueberrysmom damn fat fingers I was reaching for pirate
  • There we go! Love it
  • Lol, yeah, I had one stubborn little kid, and she's 5 and still pretty head strong. I got induced the day before my due date though, so if I'd waited another week or two it could have been different. I will say that even though I was induced, I had a super easy labor and delivery.
  • @laura536 let's hope that super easy labor and delivery was reward for working so hard. At least I am hoping lol and soon too
  • I'm 38 weeks pregnant still working my 3/12 hour night shifts a week and haven't felt a thing except a couple strong BH last week. At this point I'm so uncomfortable I would love for work to make me go into labor before my DD lol Tonight would be lovely actually!
  • @jennifurrfurr me too! Now that I hit the 37 week mark I am ready!
  • I only get contractions at work to never when I am home so now I am hoping work does it too
  • It's so funny cause physically I want this little one out I'm so done being prego! And at the same time my house is so not ready, kitchen is currently torn apart, I need it to wait till everythings done! Lol
  • It's so funny cause physically I want this little one out I'm so done being prego! And at the same time my house is so not ready, kitchen is currently torn apart, I need it to wait till everythings done! Lol
  • Ahhh sorry for multiple post lol phone freaked!
  • Haha I know what you mean I want him here but for me money wize it would be so much better if he waited til september I am due the 6th so I doubt I will see him early. Still have tons of cleaning to do too. Gonna make hubby do all the last mintue stuff while I am in hospital