I need advice please ladies....

As of today I am 20 weeks and currently on my 7th week of bedrest for IC. About twice an hour I get this real bad tight feeling in my lower abdomen and it last about 20 seconds. Not really painfull just uncomfortable. After it is over baby girl moves like crazy. What does this sound like? Any ideas will be helpful....thanks!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks ladies! I was not sure if it was to early for those. @firsttimemommytobe @sissylala
  • Yeah, it can happen... especially if youre having issues with your cervix
  • I get them too I'm 22 weeks effect sounds like bh.
  • @ll10 you are on bedrest also right? Do they say if these bh can cause problems? If so is there any way to make them not happen?
  • @Babynewyear2012 I have had braxton hicks that started around 14wks and I had a cerclage placed at 17. Apparently, they don't effect the cervix much, because it's not true labor. My doc doesn't seem too worried about it at all and told me if they get too annoying to call. Sometimes I even get 4-6 in an hour and they say that seems to be the norm for me after doing cervical checks, so it's just something I have to deal with. I was totally worried about it messing with my cervix. I would definitely call your doc if they become more frequent or if you can time them. For me, switching positions helps them go away...and chugging a lot of water.
  • @Babynewyear2012 I get the exact same thing. The bottom of my stomach tightening up for a few seconds, it do it about every 30mins to a hour for me, I thought it was the baby.
  • As long as you aren't progressing. But! If I remember you have a cervical issue too and they should be checked out to make sure they aren't doing anything. Me and you need to write a pregnancy book. ;)
  • @praying4agurl I thought that too
    That the baby was balling up.
  • @new_baby_in_oct @prayin4agurl I had my weekly doctor appointment and cervical ultrasound yesterday he said braxton hicks are possible because of the cerclage but cervix looked good. I thought it may have been the baby balling up also at first.

@ll10 I agree a pregnancy book would be a good idea. I hate my cervix! It is holding up good now at 2.8cm. Still in the bed, how are you?
  • fine for now. batteling nurses who feel like all my conditions are fake. But what ever. If this was my first pregnancy Imight care what they think. Sadly its not. I wont be checked again until monday. Heres hopeing for 3cm!

What would we name the book? "A short walk through a complicated pregnancy"

chapter 1 "So you found out that pregnancy is not as easy as you thought."
  • @ll10 I saw your post about those nurses! The hospital I work at would not put up with that mess! Sounds like a great title to me....how many weeks are you?
  • 22 today! Hes hanging in there with me. (Knock on wood) How far along are you now?
  • edited August 2011
    20 weeks and 2 days. I am hoping to get passed 27 weeks. That is when my son was born. I just thank god everyday and I am sure you do also. I spent 8 weeks in the hospital before my son was born. I feel for you, there is nothing easy about it! @ll10
  • edited August 2011
    Yep one day at a time.

Lets get to at least 34 weeks!