4 more weeks and stressing about the name!!

edited August 2011 in Baby names
So I decided to name my baby Sophia Hortencia(moms name) Gonzalez I don't like her name at all but I feel like I have to she been supporting me through this I'm a single mom and she been buying everything for the baby since I have no income... So my question is what do y'all think of this name does it match or should I change it to something else that still has my Moms name in it

Comments

• :) some one help!" :D
  • How about ur moms middle name?
  • She don't have one :/ @sunshine25
  • Are there any certain names your mom likes? Maybe you could go with a name your mom likes since you don't like her name..
  • No she only likes hers :/ @1stWoodsBaby
  • Well sounds like you are in a bind then.. wish I could help someway but that was the only thing I could come up with. Maybe someone else will have a good idea.. good luck!
  • Eek that's tuff...I would say just remember this is Your baby. It is nice u wanna name her after ur mom, but is u truly don't like the name, I'm not sure its the best idea...also think of when baby gets older...children can b cruel to one another cause of names. But is u end up going with it, in my opinion the "ia" on the end of both names is a lil redundantt and doesn't flow very well....goodluck!
  • Yeah I was going for Sophia Isabel But my mom she want her name so idk but thanks a lot @sunshine25
  • I think it sounds nice. Im sure your daughter would be proud to be named after your mother. I did the same with my daughter. Her middle name is Amanda after my mom.
  • Well I grew up with the middle name is Dortrice... My mother named me that because my Dads moms and her great grandma was named Dorothy... I guess that was her way of dressin it up. I really didn't like the name but when my mama told me why she named me that I understood. I would say you could try just using the HOr or just accept it... I really only use my middle initial anyway and I don't tell anyone my middle name until they ask. Good luck
  • I was named after my grandmother for similar reasons & my mom now regrets it :/

She didn't like my grandmas name & my now name, Patricia, but I'm stuck lol I go by my middle name! Lol

Don't feel obligated to do anything. Your baby should have a name you love & one day she can love!
  • Thanks girls!
  • How do you pronounce it? What about Sophia Tencia Gonzalez?
  • Um Hor-Ten-ceea I think lol @Texasmama3x