tired of hearing "omg, you're so big!" (venting)

edited August 2011 in October 2011
I'm 32 weeks 2 days and everyone always asks me if I'm about to pop and so on and so forth...... I don't feel that big, I'm just carrying her all up front and nowhere else. I'm measuring a cm bigger than I should be.... big freaking deal! I feel like hitting the people that say it! Or at least yelling at them!

Comments

• You should wear head phones when going out so you don't have to hear unwANTED comments. Haha
  • I've learned people just can't help but comment on pregnant bellies. I'm almost 38 weeks and when I tell people that I either hear the while oh you look it your about to pop comment OR I get told I'm lying and theres no way I'm that far I'm tiny... Lol just don't get it.

Oh and we didn't find it the sex of the baby but I've started lying to strangers making up that it's a boy or girl just so I dont have to hear "oh well turn sideways let me guess!"
  • Haha i hate it to! worse when they say your not going to last till September! idiots! I'm also only measuring a cm bigger, my bump just all at front can't tell I'm pregnant from back
  • im 27 weeks & all I hear is your huge..duh! Name one pregnant person that is 6 1/2 months prego..weighs 125 pounds & is 5'2 that is “small”..idiots
  • Agreed 26 weeks here one girl at work told me oooo you are getting soo big!! Uh DUH!!!
  • I'm 29 weeks and everyone always tells me how tiny I am :/ I know this shouldnt annoy me but I'm just sitting there like really? Cause I feel like a freakin cow!
  • @brttnywstn14 people tell me all the time I dont look pregnant and I hate it! I want a big belly!!
  • I was in the supermarket and this woman says, wow are you overdue....NO, I still have 7 weeks....grr, so fed up of everyone asking if I'm ready to POP.
  • Lol people tell me I'm huge all the time, well what do you expect an almost 39 week pregnant woman to look like?! Lol.. my brother kept saying "damn you're fat" or "man you're huge!" Finally I was like "YES, I'm pregnant! What's your excuse??" Lol that shut him up
  • I'm 33 weeks and I'm carrying her all up front nowhere else and I to am getting sick of the stupid comments people make.......you're not alone girl!
  • I just hate how rude people can be about it... With my 1st I remember going grocery shopping & a girl I knew long ago and was never close to that works there says "wow your really huge, are you suppose to be that big?" I was dumb founded!! And in reality I wasn't even that big! Lol

I'm not looking forward to crap like that again! :/ thankfully I'm still at the point where people hear im half way through my pregnancy & they look at me and go really? Lol (21+4)
  • Try not to pay them no mind! Even though its hard I know personally at 5 months I had an ignorant cousin always commenting on how big I looked when realistically even then I was way smaller than her non-pregnant self. Some people just purposely want to make you feel big but always keep a smile on and embrace your growing belly <3 atleast we have am excuse for gaining weight, ask them what their excuse for being big has been their whole life.
  • Why? You are pregnant, you are SUPPOSED to get big...
  • @brttnywstn14 Why would that bother u?? Its a compliment to be told ur tiny when ur preggo.
  • I get told all the time how small I am and asked if something is wrong with my baby... I'm 35 weeks. So I really think people should not even comment on how big or small just a congratulations!
  • I am sick of hearing how huge I am also. This is my 4th and heard it with all of them! Also sick of hearing how big my baby is going to be! My biggest was 7lbs 15oz!
  • @mollysmama I was the same way! I didn't start really showing till like 24 weeks and then just one day bam I had a belly lol

@excitedforoctober I don't know why it bothers me honestly...I guess cause I feel like they are just saying that to try to make me feel better about how huge I feel??? I'm not really sure
  • When I was 25 weeks I went to the hospital, all of the nurses thought I was full term. The ultrasound lady looked too high up above the belly button, baby wasn't up there yet. It was embarrassing, I was showing very much but i just felt fat. =\
  • I get the opposite. People tell me I don't look preggo or just a few months. Well guess what? I feel 32 wks, my body is tired and I ache all over. It seems like the bigger preggo moms at work get more support just because its more noticeable. There are 4 of us and my tummy is the smallest.
  • I'm 37 weeks and have only gained 14 pounds and I hear it all the time. It's so annoying.
  • Ugh I know! Just cuz we r pregnant doesn't mean we want to hear how huge we r.
  • I'm plus size to start off but I'm also 34 weeks preggo tomorrow and I still get the look like is she prego or just fat! But my coworkers and the people who have known me all this time can tell I have baby bump! Before my stomach never went past my Boobs now my Boobs almost two cups larger come in after belly... Lady at work made me laugh one day talking bout how my baby leads the way lol
  • I know! I just want to stay in my house until I'm in labor. I'm getting tired of everyone's stupid annoying comments.
  • The only thing I have a problem with is when the WIC people comment on how they think I weigh too much because of my BMI and try to recommend foods I should eat...as if I am not eating well! Yes, I started out at 148 at 5'3 but I am naturally very large boned and workout a lot (hello, muscle weighs more than fat). However, that doesn't mean I am fat and that doesn't mean I have gained too much weight. I have gained close to 30 lbs at almost 32 weeks off of very healthy foods in 6 small meals throughout the day AND I walk everyday. What else could I do, honestly? Starve myself?.... My OB says I am fine so screw you WIC ppl, BMI is a huge joke!
  • I always get told im tiny at 29 weeks. Scares me makes me think something is wrong with my baby...
  • I was just complaining to my sisters about this yesterday! I work with a bunch of doctors and nurses and they ALL have to share their opinions. I'll be 36 weeks on Saturday and I get told every effing day how I'm getting bigger. That I'm gonna have a huge baby. That he's dropped. That I'm gonna go into labor early.
    Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. Everyone thinks they know better than my doctor. Ya know the guy who's been checking on me since the beginning. The one who knows all the measurements of myself and the baby. Anyone sensing the sarcasm?! I hate that I still have another MONTH of people telling me this ish every day. Gag.
    Ok, vent over. :)
  • @meliz1187
    I hate that stupid BMI chart! Did you know that if a body builder gets his/her BMI done, it will say they're obese? Whatever!!!

I don't really get people telling me I'm too big. Once my grandpa asked me if I was just having one. I told him, "No, I'm having a litter." My aunt told me that I was gaining too much weight and I didn't even tell her how much I've gained :( I have gained too much (about 57 pounds), but I figure its all going to help support the baby and I'll drop it anyway, so I'm not too worried. Other than that, I get some pretty nice comments. A lady at Babies R Us told me, "You look like you're just about ready" and I'm 37 weeks. I'm more than ready! :D