What is this? its getting worse nothing helps!!

edited August 2011 in Third Trimester
Im having this awful feeling in the back of my throat. It hurts so bad! It's not a sore throat its like I've swallowed a HUGE pill and its stuck or something. Ive had this for 3 days it happens right after I eat ANYTHING so the last 3 days I've hardly ate but even four bites makes it unbearable and the one full meal I made myself eat I (tmi) vomited it up throughout the day cuz the pain makes me want to try and burp it up. I've tried milk, tums and other antacid or indigestion meds, warm baths, relaxation techniques, eating lite small meals, eating 2 bites of a meal over time everything I can think of. Does anyone know what to do or what it could be? Its getting so bad I was thinking of calling my dr but im a ftm and don't want him to think im dumb

Comments

• Not being able to eat is not something dumb. Call your doctor
  • @beaded_bunny ok I will. I just wanted to see if something like this was normal during pregnancy. I am 33 weeks so I thought maybe she was just squishing my stomach or something
  • How far in your throat is it?
  • It kinda sounds to me like it could be heartburn? Not sure though, and sounds like you've tried pretty much everything that helps ease heartburn so its probably a good idea to call your doc
  • It feels like it starts in my chest and moves into the back of my throat where my gag reflux is
  • @beaded_bunny ^ @smiley17 that's what I thought too but it just wont go away so Idk wat to do
  • @beaded_bunny well not my chest but like the very base of my throat
  • Sounds like heartburn but maybe u should call to b safe
  • Does throwing up temporarily relieve it for a few min? Ask the doc to check gall bladder as well, it tends to have same symptoms as severe reflux
  • Is it strep throat
  • I was going to say strep as well. That makes me feel like i have a golf ball in my throat and i cant even swallow my own saliva. If it is it needs to be treated with a form of antibiotics. Get a flashlight and depress your tounge and see what it looks like in there.