delivered my son during the earthquake!

edited August 2011 in Giving birth
Boy that's a story he should love! I live in northern VA and was in the hospital being induced for medical reasons. I was at 4cm and I told my nurse that they needed to up my epi a tad I was hurting. Well she tried moving me around a bit then I got TONS of rectal pressure. The rn had just checked me not 30 mins before (she actually never left the room from checking me the 1st time to the 2nd). Well in that 30 mins I went from 4cm to 10cm. They had me practice push and the Dr barely had enough time to get in the room and gowned up before he was coming out! They had me deliver his head then stop pushing which I did but he didn't wanna wait and came spilling out. I got a superficial tear that they stitched up. But about 10 seconds after the earthquake stopped my son came into the world at 155pm 6lbs 15oz 20in long. He wasn't as big as we thought :) but very healthy, ill post pics soon but they r getting ready to give him his bath :) if u can't wait to see pics I have 2 on my fb atm under kristen barker king or kristen04@Comcast.net. and yes I did go poo while pushing my biggest fear! But nobody cared and I pushed much better when trying to push it out then hold it in. In the end he was totally worth it and I'd do it all over again! I had an epi but didn't feel "pain" per say but lols of pressure that I've never felt and pushing during contractions felt sooo good! I have a decent pain tolerance but I was surprised at how easy it was!
Gl to all of the mommys who r getting ready to pop :) love u all. Now I'm going to enjoy my beautiful gift god gave me :)

Comments