if my husband didnt give me this STD then who did??

edited August 2011 in Pregnant
Yesterday when i went to the doctor she ran some STD tests to figure out what was causing my cramping. She sent me to L&D because she believed i was having contractions. She then called me at the hospital to tell me i had 2 bacterial infections. One being bacterial vaginosis and another being some STD that i can't even pronounce starting with Tric.. then the resident doctor came in to do an ultrasound of my cervix and so i asked her about my STD. I felt dumb asking if i really could only get it sexually and she said yes. My husband and i just got married in june. I asked her how long his body would reserve it and she told me not long. I've been tested twice during my pregnancy. Once in march and once in may and both were negative. I haven't been unfaithful to my husband at all. When i asked him about it at first he was like well i had to have gotten it from you. I'm thinkinh but if i didn't get it from you where the duece did i get it from?? So he stopped talking to me for a little while i was discharged and we went to gp get our medicine. When we got to the pharmacy he said look i trust you with all my heart and i think you should trust me that i would never go and cheat on you. And that was it. I'm now just supposed to forget i have a mystery STD while we take our medicine every 12 hours together. If i didn't get it from him where did it come from?? I'm so heartbroken right now bc i just don't know what to do. Sorry this is so long.

Comments

• aw sweetie that's rather confusing. I have heard of STD's taking a while to show up on pap tests. That would be so frustrating. it's not that you don't trust him- but if you know what you have and havent been doing then what else do you think? ugh. i wish i had some advice for you! i have no clue :/
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm sorry :/ but I think he's lying... just look out for clues, but try not to snoop, it makes it harder.
  • I'd chop my husbands balls off the moment they told me. Sorry ur dealing with this hun.
  • Girl if you know for a fact that you didn't cheat then that leaves just one person. I would just keep an eye out on our man.
  • have u asked him if he cheated before the wedding?
  • he same thing happened to me when I was preg with my son 2 yrs ago! But it was clymedia(sp) and it was a couple of months into the Pregnancy and I had already been checked in the beginning of the Pregnancy and all negative, not mention my regular visits b4 being pregnant ... his excuse was well my previous gf did say she gave me something, but I though she was mad cuz I broke up with her! I'm like fool we been together 4 yrs wtf are u talking about! Anyway, he kept denying it. Its up to u if u r gonna leave him or not because u are gonna constantly wonder and as long as u go along with it like he is gonna act like ain't nun ever happened..
  • @survivormommie3 i know that he got tested almost a year ago and was clear. I'm just so lost

@richjen24 yeah something like that. Do you know anything about it?

@caroline8_p right before i found out i was pregnant i caught him talking to girls and flirting with them. Then a couple months ago he was sleeping with his phone again amd he said it was bc some girl he works with was texting him and he didn't want me to get mad at him. He is acting like this whole thing is no biggie and i should take my pill and move on from it. But my whole world is crushed.
  • Trichomonasis is the spelling I think. We learned a little about it in my medic class. Its one of the most highly spread STDs that there is and usually the woman has all the symptoms. Men can carry it but have no symptoms.
  • Don't know if this will help but so far this is what I've found. Symptoms in women are usually more severe than those seen in men, and generally occur within 1-4 weeks of initial infection. They include:

How is Trichomoniasis Diagnosed?

In order to detect trichomoniasis, doctors take a swab of the vagina or urethra and then look at it under a microscope. This process is called a wet mount and may also be used to detect yeast infections and bacterial vaginosis. Since not all women with trichomoniasis will have visible organisms on a wet mount, doctors may also culture the vaginal secretions in a special medium.

Trichomoniasis can also cause irritation of the cervix, which may be spotted by a doctor doing a gynecological exam.

How is Trichomoniasis Treated?

Trichomoniasis is generally treated with a single oral dose of metronidazole. Women may recognize this as one of the drugs that is also used to treat bacterial vaginosis.

It is important that your sexual partners be treated for trichomoniasis at the same time you are, and that you abstain from unprotected sex until your symptoms are gone, or else you will simply pass the disease back and forth.

Can Trichomoniasis be Prevented?

Condoms have been shown to reduce the risk of infection from trichomoniasis, and should be used consistently if either partner is infectious.

Women who have sex with women should consider using a barrier during vulva-to-vulva contact, and should also know that the parasite can be transmitted by both fingers and sex toys. Appropriate use of condoms and gloves can make transmission between women less likely.

Does Trichomoniasis Have Serious Side Effects?

If you have trichomoniasis you are more susceptible to infection by HIV, the virus that causes AIDS. If you are an HIV positive woman, trichomoniasis makes it more likely that you will pass HIV to your sexual partners.

Trichomoniasis can also negatively affect the outcome of a pregnancy. Pregnant women infected with the parasite are more likely to have a pre-term birth. They are also more likely to give birth to a low birth weight baby.

More From Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)

Mor e Fr om Abo ut .c om

Search Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)

©2011 About.com, a part of The New York Times Company. All rights reserved. Switch to Desktop Site

Discomfort in the penis Pain on urination/ejaculation Discharge

Frothy, colored discharge Strong vaginal odor Pain on intercourse/urination Irritation and itching of the vagina and surrounding area.
  • @oregonmama that's what I'm thinkin..

@mommyof3girls all i could do was cry. And of course the resident doc could care less about my feelings and just kept doing her thing.

@survivormommie3 he says he has never cheated

@mommy_2 I'm sorry you have had to go through this. Its really hard to just walk away but there's no other way i could've gotten it. I'm due in 8 weeks..
  • @oregonmama that's what I'm thinkin..

@mommyof3girls all i could do was cry. And of course the resident doc could care less about my feelings and just kept doing her thing.

@survivormommie3 he says he has never cheated

@mommy_2 I'm sorry you have had to go through this. Its really hard to just walk away but there's no other way i could've gotten it. I'm due in 8 weeks..
  • Most men with trichomoniasis don’t have any symptoms. When they do, their symptoms are generally mild and include:

Symptoms in women are usually more severe than those seen in men, and generally occur within 1-4 weeks of initial infection. They include:

How is Trichomoniasis Diagnosed?

In order to detect trichomoniasis, doctors take a swab of the vagina or urethra and then look at it under a microscope. This process is called a wet mount and may also be used to detect yeast infections and bacterial vaginosis. Since not all women with trichomoniasis will have visible organisms on a wet mount, doctors may also culture the vaginal secretions in a special medium.

Trichomoniasis can also cause irritation of the cervix, which may be spotted by a doctor doing a gynecological exam.

How is Trichomoniasis Treated?

Trichomoniasis is generally treated with a single oral dose of metronidazole. Women may recognize this as one of the drugs that is also used to treat bacterial vaginosis.

It is important that your sexual partners be treated for trichomoniasis at the same time you are, and that you abstain from unprotected sex until your symptoms are gone, or else you will simply pass the disease back and forth.

Can Trichomoniasis be Prevented?

Condoms have been shown to reduce the risk of infection from trichomoniasis, and should be used consistently if either partner is infectious.

Women who have sex with women should consider using a barrier during vulva-to-vulva contact, and should also know that the parasite can be transmitted by both fingers and sex toys. Appropriate use of condoms and gloves can make transmission between women less likely.

Does Trichomoniasis Have Serious Side Effects?

If you have trichomoniasis you are more susceptible to infection by HIV, the virus that causes AIDS. If you are an HIV positive woman, trichomoniasis makes it more likely that you will pass HIV to your sexual partners.

Trichomoniasis can also negatively affect the outcome of a pregnancy. Pregnant women infected with the parasite are more likely to have a pre-term birth. They are also more likely to give birth to a low birth weight baby.

More From Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)

Search Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)

©2011 About.com, a part of The New York Times Company. All rights reserved. Switch to Desktop Site

Discomfort in the penis Pain on urination/ejaculation Discharge

Frothy, colored discharge Strong vaginal odor Pain on intercourse/urination Irritation and itching of the vagina and surrounding area.
  • hmmmmm. i agree it's rather suspicious
  • Sorry that's a bit messed up my phones not pasting everything I want it too. I'll see if I can get you the link to the web page.
  • http://std.about.com/od/parasiticandfungalstds/a/Trichomoniasis.htm

Hope that works better. I'm sorry your going threw this hun. But I'd be suspicious if I were you.
  • That's Horrible! I'd Kill my dh!!
  • Almost the same thing happened to someone Im close to. She kept getting really sick& didnt know why& found out she had gohnerrhea (sp) & chlamydia &she had only been sleeping w/her bd. It took months of her questioning& him denying it but he finally admitted to cheating. They tried to work it out but she kept gettin bacterial infections from him cuz he still kept cheating& lying about it so she kicked him out. Sorry you have to deal w/this especially pregnant, does he realize its dangerous to your baby?
  • Im sorry hun but from the info I've read, it shows up tween 1 and 4 weeks from the initial infection. If he had it before....it for sure woulve showed up on your old pap's. :( sorry but it looks like he has cheated recently.
  • I used to go thru this same bs wit my bf mystery STD tht would pop up out of nowhere n he would act clueless I would take him to dr wit me n miraculously he wouldnt hve it n then I realized he had already been treated by person dr tht gave it to him making me look stupid! He would turn down sex bcus he already knew he gve it to me! But the lst time it happened I pcked my stuff n left! We got bck together but things chged alot! But tht was 11 yrs ago!
  • I know the highschool I went to. They tested the cafeteria lunch tables and found 8 std on the tables.
  • Sorry u have to deal with this and even nore so while preggo. Please don't let him talk u into believing that the info is inaccurate. The chance of 2 false negatives is very unlikely. Take into account how he risked u and ur childs health by having unprotected sex behind ur back. Cheating is bad but to me the lack of concern for u and baby is worst. Thank God they found it and prevented possible preterm labor. Good luck to u.
  • I am with @mommyoftwoprincesses. And I am also with @2beforgotten. Start checkin and questioning. He is not only hurting himself but you and that baby too. What if it would have been HIV and the baby got it too. There are so many things to worry about in this world. I would be kicking his ass to the curb if my husband gave me an STD.
  • @momof5 thank you hun

@aydonsmommy i really appreciate you posting that. I needed to know all that.

@richjen24 my doc wrote him a prescription to so he is getting treated. Idk hpw I'm supposes to want to make love to him after this.

@survivormommie3 i know my husband and if he was really innocent he would b fighting me to fins out who i was whoring around with.

@2beforgotten his phone had been off for ovwr a month now. I just don't know when he would get the chance. But there is that girl from work. Omg i don't know how to handle this!" He was supposed to be the man to never hurt me like this but now he has hurt me worse than any man ever has.

@jess510 if he wasn't my daughters father i would!! How can he do this to his daughter? !?
  • @stephforever89 that probably was a rumor. Most viruses and bacteria have a very short life span when not in the body. Example HIV actually has a shorter life span outside the body then hepatitis. Bacteria typically die without the warm mist environment. Just FYI but I guess ALMOST anything is possible.
  • edited August 2011
    I'm going to say this like I would tell my bestie...just being honest...not trying to hurt you any more than you already are. I would be seriously questioning his honesty and faithfulness. STD's don't just show up out of know where. They happen for a reason...you (in this case not you) or your partner have come in contact with it and passed it. The incubation period for it is a mere 1-4 weeks, so someone came in contact Eith it with in that time period and passed it to you.

That being said, I think you should discuss this further with your OB. The bacteria "trich" is often the cause of BV. So, what you need to find out us if your for sure have two seperate infections or if you have one...BV, but trich is the bacteria causing it. The answer to that should be the answer to any question you have about his faithfulness.