to circumsize or not?

edited August 2011 in Pregnant
For the ladies having boys. What are u deciding to do and why? I am scared to make the wrong decision.

Comments

• I'm not, didnt with my first. Only because its not medically neccessary. This is a very touchy subject. You can do a lot of research online that may help and talk to your pediatrician. I do believe its a matter of personal preference whether you do it or not.
  • If I have a boy my hubby wants to have him circumsized! He just thinks it looks better.
  • I didn't circumsize my son and he is 6years old and he is just fine... u just have to know how to clean him up good ..and none of the boys in my family is circumsize..best of luck with Ur decision
  • Im having a boy in December and I am having him circumcised.. I feel like it is way more sanitary and eliminates infections that may come from it. Also they say that how ever the father is, is how the son should be so that when he is old enough to learn about "things" his father can explain.
  • edited August 2011
    I was going to circumsize my son but after I asked my RN if they used some type of anesthesia and she said no, I decided not to. They only used a topical anesthesia so babies still feel the pain. But in a way I do regret it because my hubby had to get circumsize when he was already in his late twenties due to an infection. He has diabetes and his Dr decided that it was best to do it to prevent future infections. :)
  • I circumcised my 1st and plan to do the same with this one! My dh is and I think its just eaiser to have my boys done as well. Less explination and less chance of them not cleaning it well and getting an infection when I stop bathing them!

Its all a personal decision! :)
  • I'm not !!!! Hb has it and complains all the time he don't want the baby to be like him no circumcision for my son
  • My first is and this one due in Nov will be too. It is a personal choice. Which ever you decide will be right for you...there's no wrong decision.
  • I agree with all the posters here. It's a personal choice and there is no right or wrong choice. All my boys will be done as their dads are.

Good luck with your choice. Do some research.
  • If we have a boy we will. I say this because my bf isn't and wishes he was.