Dilation

edited August 2011 in September 2011
I will be 36 wks on friday, I was wondering how far dilated your all are that's in your third trimester. and how far dilated do you have to be to tell when your lil one is almost here?

Comments

• Ill be 39 wks in 10 minutes lol last tuesday I was at 1 cm... my dr sends u to hospital when u r at 4 cm
  • Im 39 wks and still at zero -_-
  • Im 36 weeks, or I have 25 days to go. Im not dilated at all... I wish I was, im ready to meet my angel...
  • edited August 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Well I was checked last week at 35wks and nothing my dr. said baby head down still thick and I work as a sells rep for cell phones and im standing all day I was expecting to be dialating a least or something but guess my baby well come out when shes ready.
  • @MarinesAngel is this your first baby?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • 31 weeks 1cm and 40% effaced
  • 36weeks 2days and 1 1/2cm dialated............my dr's appt is this afternoon so when my dr checks me I will know if I have progressed or stayed the same at 1 1/2c
  • What does effaced means???
    @gatorbob
    @MyBamBina28
  • @mieshasmith35 it means how thin or thick your cervix is.
  • I am 37w 1d and I am 2cm dialated! I was 2cm dialated with my 2nd dd for a long time though. But my ob said his head was pushing down hard on my cervix and she didn't know if I would make it to next weeks appt! This is my 3rd pregnancy and I have recently dropped and I lost my mucous plug last Friday!
  • 38 wks and I'm 1cm dilated. Doc says he's not too high but not too low either... I'm starting to feel like lil man wants to kick it in mama's tummy as long as possible.
  • I'm 35wk and yesterday Dr said I was a loose 1cm and effaced.
  • I'll be 40 weeks tomorrow and have not dialated. :(
  • I'm 35 weeks and 1 and a half centimeters dilated and 25 percent effaced. and his head down he's been down since like 28 weeks that I don't think he's actually dropped or engaged whatever you wanna call it however he is really low ultrasound now are not easy at trying to get a picture of his head :)
  • At 37+3 weeks I was almost 2 cm and 50% effaced and her head was low (nurse said she could feel the hair on her head!) Tomorrow I'll be 38 +3 weeks and I'm getting checked again and my nurse is going to strip my membranes. My hospital won't admit me unless I'm 4cm or if my water breaks.
  • I'm 37weeks one and a half centimeters dilated and 80%effaced!
  • I'm 36+3 and dilated 1cm 75% effaced!
  • 36+5 Weeks 1cm Dilated &100 Effaced :)
  • I'm 37+1 I'm fingertip dilated. Doctor appointment tomorrow, hopefully good news...
  • I'm 38weeks4days & still at ZERO :(
  • I'm 36+6 and completely thinned but no dialation yet. Get checked every Tuesday,so hopefully that changes soon ;)
  • @babiescomin2011 once you're fully thinned your cervix has nothing left to do but dilate ;) good luck!! %%-
  • Im 37w2d and i was 1cm and 50% effaced when i was last checked at 36w6d i hope i have more progress at my doc appt on the 7th my doc said she is really low and ive been feeling a ton of pressure