Im almost suicidal

edited January 2011 in Pregnant
35 yr old Divorced mother of 4(19, 14, 13, 11), now engaged for marriage in June....two months pregnant. Not happy about it. Contemplated abortion but I don't believe in it. Just really going thru

Comments

• Have you thought about adoption
  • I'm sorry. :( have you considered talking to your doctor about antepartum depression? When I was pregnant with my first I suffered with it the entire 9 months. I also was suicidal, I suffered from horrible crying jags and insane mood swings. It was horrible. Actually, I suffered with it with all my kids (including this one), but since I understood it better the next few times it wasn't as debilitating. I also was much happier about those pregnancies even though my first was planned. Anyway, I can't help you, but you're not alone. If you choose to continue your pregnancy there are definitely options to help with depression. They may not be ideal, but your sanity is just as important as your baby's health.
  • I thought about it but I just started this new job after finishing my degree and I'm just afraid of dissappointing everyone that's so proud of what I've overcome in my life. I don't have a supportive family,it's always just been me and my kids after the divorce. Now..this happens w fiance and tubes were supposed to b tied
  • How does your fiance feel about this
  • He's like ready to face it head on
  • Sounds like a good guy you have there. Here's my take..every baby is a gift even the unexpected ones. I believe things happen for a reason even when there is no way of figuring that reason out at the time. It comes down to your decision and your beliefs...nothing anyone else says or thinks matter..you have to live with your choices not them. Worry about you and your family..not disappointing anyone. Sounds like you are a strong woman..never forget that and know you can make it cuz you already have. Good luck and there are always people out there who can help with whatever choice you make. :-)
  • I second mnbaby3...what a joy for you and your new husband! Maybe this is a really good thing and you just haven't seen that yet...good luck!
  • Wow Mnbaby3! That was probably the best advice I've ever seen online! dointj, I couldn't have thought of a better way to look at things:) Stay strong:)
  • Mnbaby3 thank you
  • You are welcome. Not sure if I helped but I hope so. I wish you all the best :-) Congrats to all and good luck!
  • God has a plan for u!! You just have to let him guide you!! Good Luck friend!!
  • Thank you ladies! I was having a rough night last night. God does have a plan. You have helped a lot.