Is this “ghetto"

edited August 2011 in Baby showers
Ok my SO family thinks I should hace my babyshower at golden corral its a buffet resturant of course thats any pregnant womans dream lol but I just thought it was a tad bit ghetto.They have a private room that you can reserve & its gonna have games & prices and of course cake but idk! What do you ladies think?

Comments

• It sounds okay if it's in a private room. I'm not sure if that's what I would want as a first choice, though. Would you rather have it at someone's home? Are there other options?
  • Sounds good to me. :D
  • How could u ever call such a heavenly place ghetto!?!? What I would do to eat there right now but there are non on this island. I think ur rude n selfish for even bringing it up and I think ir family should fly me there and ill take ur place! The nerve of some people! Ugh! :X >:D< fyi im kidding well sorta... lol! I think it's a wonderful idea and to me that's perfect really
  • Not really ghetto but I'd rather have it at like applebees or something like that.
  • It sounds ok to me. If there was no private room it would be ghetto, but having a private rom AND all you can eat? Ahhhh plus they have tasty rolls with honey butter! Yummmmm now I'm hungry!
  • I think it also depends on which one you go to. I've been to some "ghetto " Golden Chorals and then pretty nice ones too.
  • @blueberrysmom yes there are other options! But this was just a thought so I just wanted some feedback

@momof22be lol me too lol I just wanted some opinions

@mandac10 lol sorry I just wasn't too sure on where to have it and I still don't know lol smh babyshowers are hard
  • I was considering something like that at one point but at hometown buffet. I changed my mind because I wouldn't want people to have to pay for their food and expect them to bring a nice gift too. I also was not willing to pay for plates either. Most of the time places like that are super busy. So I decided on a park! Rented a gazebo which was free and for food will be pulled pork and chicken sandwiches and other sides.
  • No no no! No golden corral! Lol
    I work there! & trust me..it is very ghetto! Hate to say it but we talk about ppl all tje time who reserve our rooms for baby showers! G H E T T O!
    (hope I dont offend anyone)
  • Lmao @mimii36 I worked at a golden corral a few months ago an we used to talk bout the babyshowers 2 lol.
  • @breewashington08 ive been there almost 6 years! Baby showers are aggravating!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I wouldn't do it there. Even with a private room its too noisy, packed, and its just not baby shower material. I like it more intimate...just family and friends type thing. I don't even know if I would attend if I were invited. Plus, are guests going to have to pay plus bring a gift? That might turn people off. That's just what I think though.
  • i agree w/you...just tad :)
  • @mimii36 I worked ther for like 6months...hated it.

Anywho. I don't really think its ghetto, I guess I jus think like @litababy they pay for ther own food an bring a gift, an those places rnt cheap. An I like to decorate, an our golden corral won't allow u to hang ur own decorations in the private room
  • Even if they won't let you hang decorations you could do a lot of awesome stuff with balloons and whatnot. It could be cute.
  • We don't even have a Golden Corral here in the bay area and I wish we did! I think it should be fine :-) U could always spruce the room up anyway with your baby shower deco ;-)
  • I think its fine if they have a private room.
  • I would try and find a home or park.
  • Shoot thats an ideal place for me. U can have a baby shower anywhere people are willing to show up I learned that 2 weeks ago
  • i see nothing wrong with it. you have a private room, food, don't have to clean up. why not?
  • Man no thats not ghetto, that's heaven right there.Lmao! I would even think twice and a private room, hell yes! Lol
  • Me too we don't have one close by I would do it! Mmmmmmmm!!!
  • Who is paying for people to eat??? If they have to pay I wouldn't do it like many women have said a nice gift plus buying there own food is pretty expensive...
  • the one and only time i ate ate golden corral i watched an elderly man eat mashed potatoes off the serving spoon and put it back...ive never been back since...
  • All I gotta say is presents and all u can eat ice cream shoot im there!!!! Could be anywhere I wouldn't care lol!! But really u should be thankful for your family no matter where it is......some of us didn't even get a shower(me) and I would be over the moon if someone threw me one no matter where it is especially with all u can eat ice cream!
  • Golden Corral?!? Hells yeah! I'll tell you what's ghetto. I was there once and I kid you not, there was a wedding reception going on. The bride was up at the bar in her gown and everything. WTF?!? A baby shower, cool, a wedding reception, not so much [-(