Braxton Hicks???

edited August 2011 in Third Trimester
What do BH feel like?

Comments

• edited August 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • A tightening feeling of the belly
  • Hmmm I keep getting like shooting pains down by my vajayjay that lasts a couple seconds n then goes away....any idea what that could be? @mommy2isaiahngiselle @valentinasmommy
  • Maybe the stretching down there.
  • I was wondering the same thing do bhs come go rather quick?
  • @2ndbaby11611 everything I've read says they last 45-60 seconds. I don't think that's what I'm feeling tho :/ idk what it is it feels like menstrual cramps but sharper n only last for about 15-20 seconds
  • @2ndbaby11611 I've been getting them since 18 weeks and mine never last more then 20 seconds. My tummy will start to tingle, then get real hard and tight feeling. And I get them more the, every couple hours.
    It first started happening after intercourse. So I thought the baby wasn't fond of mommy and daddy doing it. lol

@brttnywstn14 It could be stretching. I get pains on like my left ovary area every once in a while now. I'm almost 30 weeks
  • @leggs2011 yea that's where mines is but on both sides and I'm 31 weeks
  • I dont think ive ever had them.
  • I think its just stretching then. Just mention it the next time you go to the doc. I am :)

@Mimii36 Lucky!! It gets annoying after a while. I poke my belly and sometimes that seems to make them go away quicker. lol
  • Darn babies, having us mommies worry every 5 minutes! lol. ;)
  • @leggs2011 omg! I know right!! I can't even say anything to my bf about being in pain cause he like freaks out n gets all worried lol
  • For me it feels like my belly gets tight randomly or period cramps lol
  • edited August 2011
    @Leggs2011 well at least I dont think I have. Idk what they feel like.
  • @mimii36 lol I'm the same way...idk what they feel like so I don't think I'd even know what I was feeling if I did feel them lol
  • @brttnywstn14 yea im clueless! I think they are suppose to be painful & I dont remember really feeling any noticeable pain since early in my pregnancy.
  • @mimii36 yea I have no idea! Is this ur first? One of my biggest fears is going into labor and having contractions without knowing what they are
  • I am 36 weeks and have had them since I started my third trimester. They start at my belly button and I can feel them in my lower back and pelvis. They hurt but only last about a minute. I have had them last a minute long in five minute intervals for 45 minutes before they disappeared before. Streching feels different than bhs. I have cried because how intense they have been, but they always stop and go away and that's how I know its not labor.
  • Yes this is my first! & yea I have worried about the same thing
  • Tighting of the belly. Mine gets really hard for about min then goes away I get them couple times a day is normal ? I'm scared of leaking fluids. I've been extremely wet(tmi). Earlier I stood up and felt like little dribbles of fluid leaking out. I didn't even have the urge to pee. I think I'm going to have to wear pantie liners.
  • I was told that bh last 15 - 20 seconds and contractions are 45-60 seconds
  • @flyycandygirl22 thanks I haven't really been timing them out because it comes out of nowhere. Next one I have I will time it out. I got to the doctor next week so I will ask him about my contraction.