numbness?

edited September 2011 in Pregnant
When I sleep on my left side it goes numb. As if it's "asleep". Like if you sit on your foot for a while then when you get up it has that horrible feeling. It doesn't happen if I lay on my right side just my left. Its kinda worrying me cuz my entire left side limbs go numb. I've tried everything to prevent it but it keeps happening. Anyone know why or experience this?

Comments

• Pressure is getting put on your nerves. My hands, top of my abdomen, and feet have had that prob for about 15 weeks now. Def mention to your dr but they usually can't do to much. How far along are you?
  • @2sweets im only 14w so I figured it would be too soon for pressure. I mean im 5'6''only and weigh 111 so maybe it is cuz I don't have much cushion. I go the 9thguest to the dr. Last night was the first time it happened. I just sleep on my back or on my right side now.
  • Happens to me all the time mostly on my left side around my hip, I'm 33 weeks btw and I have no idea what it is.. maybe Laying on it too long?
  • Me too! I'm 36 wks and my left hip goes numb if I lay on it the wrong way...gets heat in it too. I've figured its just nerves with too much pressure but I dunno.
  • @mommylovessparkle @spray85 no I mean I don't have to lay on it very long for It to just go numb. Im only 14w so me nor the baby are very big. Its not just my leg its my toes foot leg arm and fingers! I don't know what's up with it. Its never done this before. Lol
  • Its from pressure on your sciatic nerve. It is totally normal and there really isnt much you can do for it. Sometimes stretching helps. I have been dealing with it for months. My legs go numb walking around. It just depends on where the baby is sittin. Mine started about 18/20wks and I am 34.5 now.
  • @stillsurprised I was trying to walk to the bathroom when I noticed it cuz I was still half asleep but I was like wtf is going on Haha is it ok that I can't sleep on that side? I know its best for the baby but I just can't lol
  • Oh my.. hmm.. I have no idea then I say get checked out fast its prolly and hopefully nothing big though.
  • From what I have been told from my dr that as long as youre on your side, it doesn't really matter which one.
  • @mommylovessparkle @stillsurprised I go to the dr soon so ill ask then. Thank y'all for the advice!
  • Np , let me know what they say :)