Going to get the depo shot...

edited September 2011 in Health
I'm nervous :-S

Comments

• i wouldnt.. but good luck.. ill be getting the iud.. pargaurd.. no hormones.. and ive gotten it before.. it worked for four years.. and caused no problems... B-) %%-
  • I had baaaaaaad results with that. 50lb weight gain and it caused massive panic attacks. Hope you have better luck.
  • I just got it, we'll see :) also, I'm 95 lbs so if I put on weight, I would be ok with it lol.
  • Never had it but good luck!

@lae3 I had pargaurd... Im now pregnant and not by choice lol so I hope it works for you again!
  • I got it and weighed just as much as u and gained about 20lbs so good luck
  • @BentleysMommy I'm sure you will be fine! How are you and Bentley?
  • @Molly thank you lol. And we're good :) he's getting bigger everyday! How are you?
  • @BentleysMommy Aw! Sweet Bentley! I'm good, thanks! My brother-in-law and nephew are coming to stay at our house for the weekend. My nephew is 8 but he will play with my 2 dogs (which are my kids for now, lol). Do you have any Labor Day plans?
  • Awwh, :) Yeah we're going out of town Sunday for Taylor's family reunion so everyone can meet Bentley :D @Molly
  • Good luck! I hate shots so I would never get it. Im on nuvaring
  • Keep an eye on your hormone level. When I was on it they thought it could have been making me infertial (sp) and they took me off it... obviously I was good but it was a scare... I did like having no periods!! Lol
  • I chose it because I can breast feed with it, I wouldn't remember the mini pill, and I'm not for the iud and implanon in case my body rejected them.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I love depo! I love not having to remember and having no period :) I'm small and didn't gain weight or have any issues but depends on the person. I'm sure it will work great for you :)
  • I was thinking about getting it too .. i also dont mind the weight gain because im a small person.. but after reading some of the above post it makes me rethink.. but ive done the pill before and i would forget sometimes and then when my period came it would cause me to bleed in clots etc.. so dont want that again.. and i dont want to insert anything up there lol
  • @AKmommy FINALLY a good review lol. I was getting scared for a minute there. I'm pretty confident it'll work for me. We'll see :)
  • @ahendricks09 everyone is different but I didn't want anything inserted and I knew I would forget to take the mini pill so I felt it was the best choice for me :) I'll let you know how it works!
  • I gained 25lbs on depo & had horrible migraines just about everyday & now I'm 38weeks5days w/a lil boy. I never missed a shot & I was on it for 3 1/2yrs. I wouldn't recommend this to anybody
  • I got the shot right after giving birth. I am now three weeks post partum and out of the thirty pounds I gained during pregnancy I have 5 left to lose
  • I lost weight on depo after I had my daughter but I called kt the shot of bitchiness... makes u mean for a few days. After my son I got it again and I didn't stop bleeding and spotting for months. So I got om the pill. I would recommend that arm implant if ur not planning on and babies within the next few years. I've heard a lot a good with that
  • @BentleysMommy same here.. and thanks im due at the end of the month and plan on going on depo as soon as im allowed (plus im breastfeeding too)
  • Depo was good for me. Make sure you get lots of calcium cause it can brittle your bones
  • oh lord thats scary.. i was on the pill this time lol.. it didnt work for me apparently.. lol
  • What Karla said is true, just keep taking prenatals and you should be good. I'm happy cause it stopped my postpartum bleeding! I never spot or anything on Depo so I was excited to get it, hope it goes as well for you! :)
  • ICK I was on depo for 2 years, I gained about 40 lbs, had month + long periods, and It made me "sterile" HA no it just took 4 years to wear off!!! I know a lot of girls who have had DAMN good luck on it and nothing changed, but for me... of course I would get the shit end of the stick! Nuvaring <3 I love that.
  • When I was on it I bled for 3weeks out of the first three months but next 2shots I didn't. Every 2nd month my boobs would get really sore and big. Doc said it was hormonal. I gained a little weight, not much. WHen I came off it I had every pregnancy symptom under the sun including my boobs going huge!!!! It takes a while to get your period back and if you want to conceive again, most woman take a year. I personaly wouldn't have it again for that reason but your right, its very easy.
  • @BentleysMommy Oh how cool! Hope you have fun, girl!
  • Girl...you sound JUST like me. I was 110lb at 5'4 when I get on it, I weighed 135 when I got off :(( I was only on it 6 months. I gained the weight so fast I got stretch marks! When I first got on it and my doc said I might gain weight, my exact words were "hey I could use some meat on my bones, maybe ill get boobs." Be careful what you wish for!
  • I had it....and got pregnant on it, but it is linked to infertility in younger women and extreme weight gain. The pill is my trusty friend :)
  • Ugh I was on the depo after my miscarriage and it made me super skinny, i was always bleeding.. but I smoked cigarettes also