Just got my due date pushed forward!

edited September 2011 in October 2011
Went to my sonagram on Wed and they said my due date was calculated wrong. My original date was Oct 30th, but now they are saying Oct 11th! They said its now based on how big he is. But my question is, even if he is big, that could just be because we are big as parents. Right? I'm 6'1 and my hubby is 6'2. So clearly we are gonna have a bigger baby... I'm just confused as what to expect, which date is closer to his real due date? They say that at what I thought was 31 wks he was really 34wks. And over 5 lbs already. Geez! Thoughts?

Comments

• The earlier ultrasound is the most accurate! Since your both big then its probably not that your due dat was wrong. I'd stick to the 1st one.
  • Im praying this happens to me. When I had a sono (back in the early stages) the baby was measuring a week ahead. On top of that shes kicking me higher than shes supposed to. So Im hoping she continues to grow ahead. Im 5'10 dad is 6'4. I would like to know the answer to your question as well.
  • @pnsw524 thank you! That's what I'm thinking! It was just frustrating because I had made plans for my mom to be here at a certain time and now I'm second guessing!
  • I would also stick to your first date. I think that an ultrasound before 20 weeks is more accurate for due date
  • edited September 2011
    @BabyBubba123111 she also said that even if I'm still at my original due date the baby still may come early, just because he is running outta room due to size. So I guess it goes both ways?
  • My baby is measuring 2 weeks ahead and has been since early pregnancy but they still wont change my due date. So still nov 3 but i know he will be coming early. Me and my hubby are short so i know its not our size making him measure ahead
  • @Babyonboard22 i guess it does go both ways...lol The Dr.'s can "guess" all they want to but guess who makes the ultimate decision on when to come out (assuming induction isnt involved.)