swing question..

How long can babies use a swing? Hubs wants to get a nice one (we have a little portable one that was given to us) but only if she'll be able to use it for a while..

Comments

• It goes by weight. I think ours.. The baby can use til she is 25-30lbs. But I am sure it varies by manufacture.
  • I just always went by when my boys would start to try and roll over in it :) they both are on the small side so weight was never an issue.
  • @stillsurprised @3rd_bumps_a_charm thanks ladies.

It's really annoying how they make baby equipment by weight... that stuff is expensive, and we should be able to use it longer than you can for most of this stuff. Either make it better, or make it less expensive, geez.
  • I agree especially when all babies are different and some tend to outgrow things before you get your moneys worth!
  • @3rd_bumps_a_charm exactly! I'm sorry, but I'd like to use my 80$ car seat or my 120$ swing for more than four or five months!
  • Listen I have a swing from my first that saved both of our lives it plugs in plays music has a fancy mobile swings both directions and I'm using it for my second but even if I would have only used it for one it was worth every penny! It depends on what your baby likes some babies hate them wait and in the first couple days home you'll know! Good luck!
  • My hobby pd 110 for ours which I thought was crazy but the weight limit on it is 50lbs
  • I couldn't have lived without the swing we had I ve used it for my two boys and I am planning on using it for this baby it was a life saver for us.